Eastern Black Sea Range

Eastern Black Sea Range

Page Type Page Type: Area/Range
Location Lat/Lon: 40.83625°N / 41.16006°E
Additional Information Elevation: 12900 ft / 3932 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

The Eastern Black Sea Range is a 250-km long chain of mountains in Northeast Turkey along the Black Sea Coast. It includes such subranges as the Kackar Mountains in Rize/Artvin provinces, Gavur Mountains in Gumushane province, Zigana Mountain in Trabzon/Gumushane provinces. The Eastern Black Sea Range is also referred to as Pontic Mountains.

The highest peak of the Eastern Black Sea Range is Kackar (12900 ft, 3932m), located on the border of Rize and Artvin provinces.

Abdal Musa (10928 ft, 3331m) is the highest peak of the Gavur Mountains.

[under construction -- please revisit soon for more info -- thank you]

Getting There

Trabzon is the regional center. You can fly into Trabzon from Istanbul or Ankara, and in the summer season from a few European cities. From there transportation to other cities is by bus or car.
[under construction]

Red Tape

Usually no permit is required, though you should check with local authorities in each area.
[under construction]

External Links

Wikipedia entry for Eastern Black Sea

Wikipedia entry for Kackar Mountains

Wikipedia entry for Trabzon

Wikipedia entry for Rize

Wikipedia entry for Artvin

Wikipedia entry for Gumushane

Camping

[under construction]
Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.