Viewing: 1-11 of 11
Tomas Kristofory

Tomas Kristofory - Jan 9, 2008 9:30 am - Voted 10/10

Wonderful page by Peter the great!

Hi, you provided to us another wonderful mountain and rocks. I live within 1000 kilometres to it, but without your page I wouldn't know that such a beauty exists quite near! Cheers Tomas :)

peterbud

peterbud - Jan 9, 2008 10:25 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Wonderful page by Peter the great!

Thanks for your hearty words, Tomas! I'm glad to open new horizons... that is, verticons! :)

Ivona

Ivona - Jan 14, 2008 2:38 pm - Voted 10/10

I'm glad

also,because I like Carpathians in Romania!! and love TRANSYLWANIA!!!!!
thanks for sharing with us this beautiful place!
cheers
Iwona

peterbud

peterbud - Jan 15, 2008 5:03 am - Hasn't voted

Re: I'm glad

Dzieki Iwona! Yes, Transylvania is hard not to fall in love with :)
Cheers, Peter

visentin

visentin - Oct 28, 2010 10:42 am - Voted 10/10

To keep our discussion going :)

I would have named it "Piatra Singuratica / Egyesko", to be more diplomatic, or simply "Piatra Singuratica" with the Hungarian explained in the Overview. However I am aware how the Hungarian history and background of the region is important. But wouldn't the Romanian name be perhaps the main one, as it is in Romania ?

peterbud

peterbud - Oct 28, 2010 12:01 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: To keep our discussion going :)

1) Practically nobody will understand what kind of discussion you refer to. Would have been better to discuss it in the forum, but anyway...

2) Concerning the main question, there's a clue for that in the "Miscellaneous" section ("Language"). The same clue you will find here. Also please note the order of languages for the rest of my pages dealing with places of contemporary Romania.

visentin

visentin - Oct 28, 2010 4:19 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: To keep our discussion going :)

Sorry Peterbud for refering to something I omitted to mention. You know that of course I don't put such comments for provocation purposes, I know how the question regarding Hungarian nationality out of its border is hot, especially in Transylvania. The bilingual aspect makes no doubt here just like it would be in many regions Switzerland for example. But I Just picture myself as the newcomer who knows nothing about it and who thinks "OK, I'm heading to Romania so let's get a Romanian map".

peterbud

peterbud - Oct 28, 2010 4:59 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: To keep our discussion going :)

No problem. The map that newcomer will most likely find is bilingual. Let this newcomer be you - experience the area for yourself sometime with your family :)

andreeacorodeanu

andreeacorodeanu - Oct 28, 2010 5:17 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: To keep our discussion going :)

Hey Eric, I wrote the name of my album in the both languages also and Im romanian :P.

http://www.summitpost.org/ciomatu-csom-225d-mountains/664344

In this area are many hungarian people and you will find everything written in the both languages so... also they take care of the routes and everything in that mountains. So I think is fair like this :).

yatsek

yatsek - Oct 29, 2010 7:38 am - Voted 10/10

Re: To keep our discussion going :)

yatsek would like to thank Andreea for this post. :)

lcarreau

lcarreau - Oct 31, 2010 8:52 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: To keep our discussion going :)

Please BEAR with me, my European counterparts.

I can only speak two languages, English and Body Language..

Viewing: 1-11 of 11
Return to 'Egyeskő / Piatra Singuratică' main page