El Reventador Comments

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Baarb

Baarb - Oct 11, 2009 6:26 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Untitled Comment

Hi Scott. I have recently adopted and updated this page. The new content may be of interest if you are thinking of visiting this mountain. Regards, Baarb.

Scott

Scott - Oct 13, 2009 12:50 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Untitled Comment

The page looks good now.

Rob

Rob - Jun 23, 2005 5:30 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I think you should provide some sort of map or tell how to obtain one. Just saying it's very difficult to follow the trail, and you should hire a guide is not that helpful, IMO. Decent page though, as I imagine there isn't that much information available anyway.

chris_2112

chris_2112 - Jun 27, 2005 5:27 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

I searched everywhere conceivable for a map of some sort prior to my climb, but was unsuccessful. I know the IGEPN is currently creating a hazards map of the area (similar to that of Tungurahua), but it is unlikely to have trails marked. You could maybe contact them(web link given on main page) to see if they have their own internal descriptions or maps of the trail (as they make the hike occasionally in the monitoring of the volcano). All of the guide/hiking/climbing books for Ecuador where El Reventador is mentioned (very few), suggest a guide as well. Once you reach the base of the mountain, it isn't too hard to find your way up, as there are some cairns marking the trail (or at least there were...in the current eruption I am sure that a few of them were knocked down). It is getting to the base that is the major obstacle - it would be very easy to get lost in my opinion.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'El Reventador' main page