Viewing: 1-3 of 3

rdp32 - Dec 1, 2016 11:41 pm - Hasn't voted

How hard is Meadow Mountain Pass?

Awesome trip report! How hard was the part that you call the "Meadow Mountain Pass"? I did a route this summer that went from Geneva Lake to Avalanche Lake, but I took a faint trail going from just south of Geneva Lake to "Silver Creek Pass" and then following that trail to Avalanche Lake/Capitol Pass. I agree that the East Fork Avalanche Creek area was awesome, and I would love to come back and do it the way you described. Was the descent into East Fork Avalanche Creek steep, loose, or otherwise problematic? Was it easy to find a good route? I don't have much off-trail experience or scrambling experience and I like to keep things safe, so I wouldn't want to try this if it is too rugged. Thanks!

goofball

goofball - Dec 2, 2016 12:36 am - Hasn't voted

Re: How hard is Meadow Mountain Pass?

Hey rdp32 ! that has been quite a few years, but i do not remember any real difficulty other than one foot in front of the other on, at worst, typical talus slopes. either up or down. Wish i had a clearer memory or more info for ya ! Maybe try posting your question in the colorado forum area, i bet others have been over this pass and could chime in as well to help you with your decision.

rdp32 - Dec 2, 2016 1:26 am - Hasn't voted

Thanks

Yeah, I'll ask around. Thanks

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Elk Mountains of Colorado' main page