Viewing: 1-5 of 5
csmcgranahan

csmcgranahan - Apr 7, 2006 3:28 am - Voted 10/10

Nice route!

I'm not sure why no one else has voted on this stellar route! Nice job!

Brad Snider

Brad Snider - Apr 8, 2006 2:11 am - Hasn't voted

Thanks!

Much appreciated. This route is one of the coolest routes I have had the privilege of climbing in Colorado.

shanrickv

shanrickv - Jun 11, 2006 2:49 pm - Voted 10/10

Great Route Page!

Great job. I'm looking forward to hopefully doing this in July or August.

mebbing

mebbing - Aug 21, 2006 3:47 pm - Voted 3/10

woo doggie

Humm... ok day, longer than expected at 11.5 hours - 5.5+ hours s on the actual ridge. Going to go ahead and dissagree with Mr. Roach's designation of this as a classic. Most all of his "classics" I find to be wonderful climbs, but not this one. 10 miles taking 11.5 hours - its not because we are slow, its that we needed to descend and ascend numerous silly gullies to complete the ridge without pushing 5th class rock. Just kinda bummed us out how much we need to to descend, over and over, to get it done. Very little aesthetic 3rd class climbing. Hours and hours of rotten gullies of loose rock, sand and thistles. Not a classic - just a long day above 13,000 feet. Only reason I would ever do this again, would be to do it with a rope, so as to get to actually climb some rock, but most of the rock I encoutered was loose, so maybe I wouldn't even do that.

mow10

mow10 - Aug 29, 2007 7:59 pm - Voted 10/10

Thanks

I just did this route. Skills are helpful if you want to stay right on the ridge for much of the climb. Felt more like 4th class. Lots of places where you ethier choose exposure or loose downclimbing.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Ellingwood Ridge' main page