Page Type Page Type: Custom Object
Location Lat/Lon: 38.82259°N / 110.74219°W
Additional Information Object Type: Local interest

Too easy for the average hiker

On the road south, you'll eventually have to take US 6 from Spanish Fork canyon and on into Price canyon. Then in Price, due south is Utah highway 10 toward I-70, and US 6 southeasterly toward Green River, the town and the river. Mile marker 202 on Hwy 6 is the new two million dollar rest stop with the train roundhouse look. The water in the sink comes from a local well that brings coal dust and makes it look gray. Don't miss the additional pictures and displays behind the main building.



Mile marker 221 is Emma Park Road, named for an early resident of the beautiful area north of Price. The name Price also came from an early resident, or it received the unofficial name because of the perceived high prices quoted to train travelers.

Getting there:

US highway 6 mile marker 221, Emma Park road taking off east is our road. Less than one mile in, the County line from Utah and Carbon crosses the street. Before that is a bridge over the Price river (water coming from Scofield reservoir and continuing on to add to the Green river). Park your car either before or after the bridge, walk onto the bridge, and see the sweet birds assemble and circle around you. In the distance to the far east is Indian Head peak, elevation 9959 feet, above the local ridgeline. Emma Park road ends at Highway 191 going on to Duchesne. At that intersection to the northeast is a little known monument to 100 years ago Utah governor Bamberger, who was a Jew from Germany, different man than the much later Republican Norm Bangerter.