Viewing: 1-5 of 5
TJ311

TJ311 - Jul 29, 2009 6:49 pm - Voted 10/10

Your Trip

Congrats on your summit! Nice trip report and slide show!

marauders - Aug 3, 2009 5:20 pm - Voted 10/10

Excellent Pics!

I gotta ask you what lens you used for the wide-angle shots? And, on the photo you called "your favorite", is that an HDR shot, ND Grad Filter, etc.? That is the perfect balance of exposure. Nice work.

mbgriffi

mbgriffi - Feb 21, 2011 10:42 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Excellent Pics!

Sorry to be so lame and never reply till now, I hate how (at least at the time) SP doesn't notify you of comments. who knows if you'll ever even see this reply.

This was with a 12-24mm Tokina lens. I don't think I used the GND. I probably had it with me, I usually do. I was dead tired at this point, no water, dehydrated and I can't remember. NO HDR. I may have shot a couple of exposures and adjusted inbetwen, but this one just came out perfect.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/niffgurd/3753327850/meta

Cheers
mbg

Rob Ricks

Rob Ricks - Aug 8, 2009 3:52 am - Voted 10/10

Great Read!!

Love the pics and narrative. Congrats on a successful trip.

sourstraw

sourstraw - Aug 8, 2009 4:16 am - Hasn't voted

nice!

I climbed the Emmons in June 2009 ... what a great route. I've been back to Glacier Basin/Interglacier twice since then for dayhikes, and it is amazing to see it evolve throughout the season - it never looks the same, and it always looks beautiful!

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Emmons-Winthrop - July 2009' main page