Viewing: 1-7 of 7
MarkDidier

MarkDidier - Mar 8, 2014 10:49 am - Voted 10/10

Thanks!

Thanks Bob, for so eloquently expressing what so many of us feel but are unable to put down on paper. I will never claim that my passion for the mountains rises to the level of yours, but it is there in my soul, and I hope those feelings come through in the Trip Reports I submit.

My hiking world changed in August, 2006 on Boulder-Grand Pass in RMNP (TR written several years ago). Since then I have been fortunate to have many memorable days in the mountains...which never would have happened without the experience from that special day. Some are more memorable than others, but standing on the summit of Buckskin Benchmark, with the most amazing view of the Elk Range might be the highlight. Looking west from Blue Lakes Pass, the scramble down from Isolation Peak to Eagle Lake in RMNP also come to mind. Yeah, I've had a few special days in the mountains.

Thanks again for submitting. (You always inpsire me to try and improve my writing skills!). Mark

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Mar 10, 2014 8:59 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Thanks!

Thanks, Mark. We all have those moments. And even though they came early when our skills were meager in comparison to what they are now, they still stand out so brightly.

WyomingSummits

WyomingSummits - Mar 9, 2014 4:14 pm - Hasn't voted

Agreed

I couldn't have said it better myself! People always want explanations...and sometimes there aren't any. There's this deep seeded desire in people to quantify and explain things as if experiences and perception are equal among all. I simply look at my sister in law when she questions why I climb, and ask (why do you put on all of that makeup". She responds, "because of the way it makes me feel". Bingo! By the way, I like that you found a "lake solitude" that lives up to it's namesake.....the one in the Bighorns does NOT. :) Oh well, there are plenty of others.....

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Mar 10, 2014 9:00 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Agreed

Believe it or not, I have always found the namesake at the Lake Solitude in the Tetons on two separate occasions, and not at night!

ChrisJahn

ChrisJahn - Mar 9, 2014 8:11 pm - Voted 10/10

Absolute reality

You said it, "A part of us is always out there."

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Mar 10, 2014 9:00 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Absolute reality

So true.

cftbq

cftbq - Apr 16, 2014 10:49 pm - Hasn't voted

Oh, yes

Yes.

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Epiphanies and Revelations' main page