Explorer Peak Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
ZeeJay

ZeeJay - Jul 22, 2013 12:54 am Date Climbed: Jul 20, 2013

Scenic  Sucess!

Started at the Rock Creek TH. Backpacked to just shy of Cleveland Pass. The next day we went up the east face of Cleveland to its south ridge. Followed the ridge to the summit and then went on to Squaw. All this was easy so far. Then we followed the ridge line to Explorer Peak which we found tough going with lots of loose rock. We descended Explorer's east ridge almost to the 11500' saddle. From there we descended to the basin and traveled south, over Cleveland Pass and back to our camp on the other side. Hiked out on day 3.

Scott

Scott - Sep 27, 2005 9:27 am

Route Climbed: Hayden Pass/HIghline Trail to Ledge Lake, then to summit. Returned over Lightning Lake/Ostler Pass to East Fork Bear River. Date Climbed: July 15, 1990  Sucess!

Very long 2-day trip. I worked at the East Fork Bear River Scout Camp as a backpacking guide. I had someone drop me off at the Highline Trailhead who was on their way back to SLC from EFBR. 44 miles round trip in two days. This was the longest 2-day hike I've ever done, but I was much faster back then.

Joseph Bullough

Joseph Bullough - Sep 27, 2005 9:17 am Date Climbed: Sep 17, 2005

Route Climbed: Squaw Basin / Traverse from Squaw Peak  Sucess!

The third and final peak of a triple traverse, after climbing Cleveland and Squaw Peaks to the south. A beautiful cool and clear September day, with no bugs or people anywhere.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Explorer Peak' main page