Flat Top Mountain Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
wanderweg83

wanderweg83 - May 24, 2017 8:52 am Date Climbed: May 24, 2017

Flat Top in the rain  Sucess!

Apparently, people only hike this mountain in the rain, judging from the pictures! That's ok though, it was a beautiful spring hike up through the mists with two of my best friends. The spring wildflowers were also out, adding to a lovely day in the woods. I didn't think it was that bad of a climb, personally. We went out and back on the Flat Top trail.

Ledintheblood

Ledintheblood - Feb 9, 2012 8:08 pm Date Climbed: Dec 17, 2011

Iced over  Sucess!

An 1/8 of an inch of ice poured on the summit the night before my hike making everything appear as pure ice, little slick but perfect. Stood atop the summit and could see the entire tops of the Blue Ridge Parkway were iced. Fantastic, lot more personal than Sharp Top but lacking the 360 views still packs its own punch and makes up for it.

WoundedKnee

WoundedKnee - Jan 11, 2011 11:49 am Date Climbed: Jan 9, 2011

From VA 43

Enjoyable

jasano2

jasano2 - Aug 9, 2010 7:33 am Date Climbed: Aug 8, 2010

top not so flat  Sucess!

Nice mountain stroll.

BobSmith

BobSmith - Nov 21, 2004 9:45 pm

Route Climbed: Flat Top Trail. Date Climbed: 11-20-2004  Sucess!

Very nice trail maintained by the National Park Service. However, the weather could not have been much worse the day I climbed the peak. As I got closer to the summit, the higher elevations got socked in with clouds and light rain. There were no views, at all. But I had the satisfaction of bagging the peak.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Flat Top Mountain' main page