Fontún / Machacao Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
nikolai79

nikolai79 - Oct 15, 2007 10:25 am Date Climbed: Oct 13, 2007

Exploring Fontún peak  Sucess!

Perfect Weather Conditions.
My girlfriend and me spent about 8-9 hours walking on the area. We made up our own route crossing from one mountain face to the other. We found another three groups on the summit. None of the group had chosen the same route. We exchanged impressions of the climb and routes we have taken. I feel I have learned a lot about other options to walk up Fontún peak and a little more about the geography of the peak and the area and peaks arround.

nikolai79

nikolai79 - Jul 31, 2005 11:48 am

Route Climbed: West corridor Date Climbed: 23-Jan-2005  Sucess!

We were a big group of people. The weather was OK and there were a little snow. It was easy. We took superb photos from the summit. We went back going down by the Collada de Gete corridor.

nikolai79

nikolai79 - Jul 31, 2005 11:44 am

Route Climbed: West corridor Date Climbed: 29-Dec-2003

We were three guys. My two friends hadn´t any mountain experience, and they didn´t have any kind of equipment. Walking was difficult because of the snow. The weather was no very well, and became worst as we were higher. Near the high col we have some problems and it started snowing. In fact it was a little blizard. The fog was going donw too, so I decided to went back. It was a right decission. Later it rained heavily. Horrible experience for my two friends.

nikolai79

nikolai79 - Jul 31, 2005 11:39 am

Route Climbed: West Corridor Date Climbed: 29-Dec-2002  Sucess!

I was with a friend of mine, Rául. The day was terribly foggy. We were lucky, because the fog was only in the opposite face.

The ascent was OK. In the crest I could walk over the clouds, feeling the fog runnig through my feef.

We met a kind man near the summit who showed us the corridor to the Collado de Gete. On the top was really cold.

This was the day I met my friend Luis

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Fontún / Machacao' main page