gerry lemmo

gerry lemmo

gerry lemmo
on Sep 7, 2007 12:20 am
Image Type(s): Wildlife
Image ID: 333950

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-1 of 1
gerry lemmo

gerry lemmo - Oct 2, 2007 2:18 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice Shot!

Dear Biglost,

I am so computer inept, it took me a bear's age to figure out how to get this image, along with my few others, not to mention the captions, online!

The black bear was taken near Little Tupper Lake, in New York's Adirondacks, on a day when I didn't expect to see much wildlife. It was a heavy traffic day of tourists, on Sunday, July 6th 2002. I was alone, with my wife, when he stepped out of the forest, just 60 feet away. I new I nailed him, and gave a loud hoot after he disappeared.

Since taking this photo, the bear has been on the cover of Adirondack Life Magazine, on the front of a calendar, in two books, and is on permanent display along a major highway into the north country (I-87) as well as at the new Natural History Museum of The Adirondacks, in Tupper Lake, NY. He's also been very popular as a photo enlargement for wall decor, on order through my website.

Thank you for welcoming me to SP. Next time I attempt a photo addition, I'll remember to add more information about how and where it was taken.

Best wishes,
Gerry

PS: My website is www.gerrylemmo.com. I hope you'll enjoy browsing through it.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1