Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Mountain Jim

Mountain Jim - Sep 2, 2006 4:06 am - Voted 10/10

Thanks !!!

I've been wandering this area for over 30 years. It's an incredible area and it's about time it has it's own page.

tarol

tarol - Sep 2, 2006 5:47 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Thanks !!!

You're welcome! 30 years, wow, I hope you have some photographs and other info to add about hikes you've done. Have you done Paria or the Escalante River?

Mountain Jim

Mountain Jim - Sep 3, 2006 12:43 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Thanks !!!

I have done the Paria several times, and Buckskin Gulch, Unfortunately most of my pictures are 35mm slides which I haven't scanned.
I've also done most of the Escalante Canyon from the Town of Escalante to Coyote Gulch, and the 1st descent of a couple of the tribuaries of the Escalante that flow in from the Water Pocket Fold.
I'll see what I can do about getting a few pictures scanned.
I did add a few more pictures of Death Hollow. Have you done the "Hollow" ???

MoapaPk

MoapaPk - Jan 28, 2008 7:56 pm - Voted 10/10

sigh

One of the many places I should have visited already. It's not going to get any closer.

My friends normally go in the summer... hmmmm...

tarol

tarol - Feb 1, 2008 8:04 am - Hasn't voted

Re: sigh

I would recommend fall or spring myself. It's a huge beautiful expanse of a place, I'd recommend taking at least a week or two, and even then you'll just scratch the surface.

edevart

edevart - Feb 10, 2010 1:05 pm - Voted 10/10

needs another update

Everett Ruess has been re-lost! The skeleton was not his.

tarol

tarol - Feb 22, 2010 11:10 am - Hasn't voted

Re: needs another update

Thanks, yes, this is the latest info I've read

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument' main page