Granite Mountain, Idaho Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
idpeakgirl

idpeakgirl - Jul 31, 2017 7:35 pm Date Climbed: Sep 10, 2016

Fall colors  Sucess!

A worthwhile way to spend a fall colored day. Great ridgelines, vistas to gaze at, and cardio pushes topped off the fun.

BeDrinkable

BeDrinkable - Aug 2, 2016 11:25 am Date Climbed: Jul 28, 2016

Nice views  Sucess!

We managed to get this in the week before the smoke moved in. I can see why they chose this for a lookout. Nice line of sight past the Devils, into the Wallowas and the entirety of the Lick Creek Range. Very nice, easy walk.

boisedoc

boisedoc - Aug 13, 2012 12:55 am Date Climbed: Aug 11, 2012

Great views  Sucess!

Good family hike. The fire lookout was being put to good use. The trailhead area has been reworked and there is good signage.

Super Dave

Super Dave - Oct 2, 2006 9:20 pm Date Climbed: Oct 1, 2006

Great Fall Hike  Sucess!

Was a very nice hike on a fantastic fall morning. Lot's of autumn colors along the way. Here’s a write up and some photos.

jeromeclimber

jeromeclimber - Dec 25, 2004 7:14 pm

Route Climbed: Main Trail Date Climbed: October 11, 2004  Sucess!

Trail was somewhat hard to follow. Overall an easy climb. Total ascent time was about 90 minutes, and overall was about 2 1/2 hours. Beautiful view from the top.

mrh

mrh - Dec 1, 2004 7:41 pm

Route Climbed: East Ridge trail 165 Date Climbed: July 31, 2004  Sucess!

From New Meadows this mountain looks umimpressive and no where near its 8,479 ft. elevation. But when climbing Pollock Mt. earlier in the month I could see the top with its multiple ridges and rocky bowls and knew it was one to climb. Saw one other hiker with a friendly dog on top. Found some interesting plants, one which is disjunct from the Sierras of California. The trail is easy to moderate and the only problem was cow crap and smell on the lower trail. Oh and I returned to a flat tire at the trailhead, but it still was a great day.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Granite Mountain, Idaho' main page