Grass Mountain (OR) Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-13 of 13
Peaker

Peaker - May 11, 2021 8:57 pm Date Climbed: May 9, 2021

Grass  Sucess!

The drive in and initial overgrown section of the roadbed are annoying. The latter half and summit area are quite pleasant. Drizzling on top, a few views. Didn't pay attention to newer trip reports on Peakbagger and didn't realize the bushwhack up the overgrown road is not necessary anymore.

Nick Turtura

Nick Turtura - Jun 5, 2012 12:01 am Date Climbed: Jan 2, 2012

Nice day  Sucess!

Mountain biked up the road.

wrassleman07

wrassleman07 - Feb 4, 2011 1:02 am Date Climbed: Feb 3, 2011

great weather  Sucess!

see below :P

bmwboarder7

bmwboarder7 - Feb 4, 2011 12:25 am Date Climbed: Feb 3, 2011

Unpopulated hike  Sucess!

I enjoyed this hike on a nice February day. The trail/road is somewhat overgrown in some areas, but it was fun to be on a trail knowing I had it all to me and my hiking partner. Scared up a couple grouse, and saw lots of animal signs. A few good views near the end too.

Lunadog

Lunadog - Jul 6, 2010 2:12 am Date Climbed: Jun 20, 2010

yup  Sucess!

Logging roads mostly. Blah.

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Jun 21, 2010 12:57 am Date Climbed: Jun 20, 2010

ugh  Sucess!

Screwed up the directions and took the upper road although I checked out the correct TH at first and thought it was wrong. Found my way up the road but the summit appears to be in active logging with many signs to stay out. No views. May want to check and make sure this one is accessible now. Summit #2 of Father's Day.

calebEOC

calebEOC - Jun 13, 2010 10:28 pm Date Climbed: Jun 12, 2010

Up the old roadbed  Sucess!

Hiked with my brother Luke, 1st of 3 P2K's we did this day.

Luke Morris

Luke Morris - Jun 13, 2010 1:47 pm Date Climbed: Jun 13, 2010

Messy  Sucess!

This was a fun hike once you got a ways in to it, however the first mile or so looks like the trail was made and is maintained by Stevie Wonder and Helen Keller.

Bombchaser

Bombchaser - Feb 27, 2010 11:54 pm Date Climbed: Feb 27, 2010

Wet, nice hike  Sucess!

A nice hike and easy hike. Route is an old, over grown road. Weather was rainy and foggy. Stopped and built a small warming fire on top and then descended.

ericnoel

ericnoel - Mar 29, 2009 11:50 pm Date Climbed: Mar 28, 2009

Rainy and Snowy Grass  Sucess!

We got Coast Range weather but nonetheless we also got our Coast Range peak. The snow was shallow in places but deep enough in some sections that snowshoes were preferred. No view on this day.

BSPclimber

BSPclimber - Sep 6, 2008 1:04 pm Date Climbed: Sep 5, 2008

On bike  Sucess!

Per Dean's excellent directions, drove up the highway-like gravel road to the trailhead with my bike in tow. The area near the gate is rather overgrown now so had to carry it over the rocks on the right of the gate. The first part of the road to the 'T' had some overgrown spots and a couple of ditches to navigate through. After you turned right it got much better and then leveled off around the east side all the way to the post in the road. After that it headed up to the south and did have the occasional blowdown but was always just an easy hop over the logs. Left my bike near the clearing and went up looking for the high spot. Never found the platform area, but did find a high spot that was 3622 feet on my GPS. Then back down to the bike for a fun ride down to the car. 45 minutes up (riding about a mile of the 2.7 miles), 10 minutes on the summit, 20 minutes back to the car. Fun times.

Dennis Poulin

Dennis Poulin - Feb 25, 2007 10:47 pm Date Climbed: Nov 7, 2004

Easy Hiking  Sucess!

This is a nice hike to do when you can't get up to the higher mountains or when you have "loved ones" in tow. I saw a couple elk during my hike.

Dean

Dean - Feb 22, 2007 7:50 pm Date Climbed: Sep 16, 2006

A nice hike  Sucess!

I took my son in law and grandson out for a day of prominence peak chasing and picked up both Prairie and Grass Peaks on a saturday that allowed us to enjoy a somewhat sunny Oregon day.
This is an easy hike and my grandson had fun helping me to put a register on this mountain and maybe, just maybe, it will plant the seeds of loving to be in the mountains.

Viewing: 1-13 of 13
Return to 'Grass Mountain (OR)' main page