Viewing: 1-6 of 6
TripoliRick

TripoliRick - May 6, 2008 1:57 am - Voted 10/10

Solo in '84

Nice photos. I soloed the peak in the fall when I worked as a ranger at Timpanogos. Forgot all about it till I saw your post in the recent listings. I actually remember some of the places in your photos. Thanks for the posting! Rick

Dmitry Pruss

Dmitry Pruss - May 8, 2008 3:33 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Solo in '84

Thanks for your comment! Lone Peak is a special mountain, just think how it was selected to anchor the first Utah's designated Wilderness. Anyone's who climbed it remembers it :)

Matthew Van Horn

Matthew Van Horn - May 6, 2008 2:41 pm - Hasn't voted

Lone Peak

I've climbed Lone Peak 3 times, and all three were with Grizz. The first was last August and as I was exausted and shuffling the last few feet to the summit, Grizz was there and introduced me to the top the way someone would welcome me into their home. I plan to go back for as many years as I have left. If I ever come near to 100, I'll know it can be done.

Dmitry Pruss

Dmitry Pruss - May 6, 2008 5:25 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Lone Peak

Gotta say that I've probably been there more times with Grizz than without, too. Even though the Willows is my fav area of the Wasatch, and Lone Peak has been my very first Wasatch climb, just weeks after moving to Salt Lake in '96. That was a Draper Ridge ascent BTW, a pretty much forgotten route these days, and not the one much lamented :)

imontop

imontop - May 8, 2008 11:41 pm - Voted 10/10

Impressive

You guys are my idols! Love your pics! I haven't been on Lone yet, but aspire to do so......probably when there's less snow. I'd start an avalanche for sure! Keep posting your stuff man!

Dmitry Pruss

Dmitry Pruss - May 10, 2008 12:49 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Impressive

Thanks for you comment, gotta say that I was almost too embarrassed by it to know what to to answer. But now that the Scott's South UT / No Az trip reports is out, I just have to point that way. Now they are freakin' awesome adventure guys in my book!

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Grizz Turns 100 on Lone Peak' main page