Viewing: 1-11 of 11
Don Nelsen

Don Nelsen - Jun 21, 2005 8:51 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Hi David,



Welcome to SP and thanks for putting up this page. I've voted three stars for now because I believe there's a lot more to be done with your page and will gladly up my vote when a few additions are made. You have done a good job, though.



One of the biggest draws of Grouse is the Grouse Grind which you briefly mentioned but need to much expand on: This is the quintessential stairclimb - I know of no other in the world that has its attributes of being so close to a major city, has so many people doing it and has such, well, ambiance! Google it to find more info.



Also, the formal restaurant at the top - I think its called the observatory or maybe the overlook - I can't remember - will validate tram tickets and is THE most fantastic for views of the city - especially at night - not to mention has fantastic service and food to match.



Best regards,



Don

McCannster

McCannster - Jun 21, 2005 10:00 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for your vote Don. I went ahead and did some research on the things you pointed out, so if there is anything I left out let me know. -DAVID

Don Nelsen

Don Nelsen - Jun 24, 2005 12:37 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Here is what I'd suggest to make the page more interesting and complete: Find a link for The Grouse Grind and put it up; also, for the restaurant. See what alternate routes climb the mountain: There is a road to the summit. Where do you access it?



What does it cost to ride the gondola and when was it built. Are there any times the stairway is closed to public access.



The above isn't everything, but it's a start - there's a lot to this mountain and it may take some work.



I know the answers to most of the above but I'll bet you will have some fun finding them and get some great practice for your next page.



I'm upping my vote in anticipation of the good job I know you will do.



- Don



Bob Burd

Bob Burd - Jun 22, 2005 7:42 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I've spent about 8 days in Vancouver and every one of them was like depicted here. If there was a blue sky picture of the peak in all its glory it wouldn't help me identify the peak on my next visit. :-)

McCannster

McCannster - Jun 22, 2005 9:01 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for the vote. -DAVID

The Lower Marmot

The Lower Marmot - Jun 30, 2005 8:41 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice work.

McCannster

McCannster - Jul 1, 2005 10:20 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thank You :)

-DAVID

McCannster

McCannster - Jul 1, 2005 10:19 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thank you... :)

-DAVID

SpiceMan

SpiceMan - Nov 9, 2005 8:07 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice

Dean

Dean - Nov 24, 2005 12:57 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Thanks for adding this one since I would love to test myself timewise on the Grouse Grind. Don Nelson probably holds the record but wouldn't admit it.

McCannster

McCannster - Nov 24, 2005 4:29 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks Dean

Viewing: 1-11 of 11
Return to 'Grouse Mountain' main page