Viewing: 1-6 of 6
JDrake

JDrake - Jun 10, 2008 8:49 pm - Voted 10/10

Just say the word

and I'll join ya on your proposed trip, but how do you feel adjusting it to the following: Up Dry Canyon to the Baldy Saddle, down to upper Battlecreek Canyon, over to Sagebrush Flats, Timpanookee road to H's Hollow, north to snag the two "bumps" you haven't been on, back south along the summit ridge, and down Grove Creek Canyon. Long hike, but very fun....

Dean

Dean - Jun 10, 2008 8:54 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Just say the word

Hey, that works for me. We can leave a car at each TH. The sooner the better. I've gotta do an update on the trip report picture wise and I'm itching to get Big Baldy and those two bumps. Yeah.

shoereview - Sep 18, 2009 2:55 am - Hasn't voted

Grove Creek Trail Run

Had a great run up Grove Creek today. Perfect fall temps and beautiful colors are beginning to appear. Running up the south side can get a little toasty - not much cover. The trail gets prettier the higher you go.

Dean

Dean - Sep 18, 2009 10:01 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Grove Creek Trail Run

Thanks for your comment about running the trail. My son in law loves to mountain bike it and I love to hike it so it is great for all three activities. I enjoyed your shoe review site, Montrail Vitresse are among my all time favorites.

Beanusless - Jan 21, 2010 12:00 am - Hasn't voted

Great trip report!

Great trip report and awesome pictures. I'm going to have to go up there myself, now.

TonyTheJet

TonyTheJet - Nov 5, 2013 11:28 am - Hasn't voted

Reverse of Proposed

I did the reverse of your proposed trip about a week-and-a-half ago. I went up Grove Creek, connected with the Timpooneke Road, headed south past Battlecreek Canyon, up and over the Baldy saddle, and then down Dry Canyon where my wife picked me up. Lots of elevation gain and loss as you go from the top of Grove Creek Canyon to the top of Dry Canyon, so it was a stellar workout!

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Grove Creek, A Timpanogos side hike.' main page