Haydar climbing the second...

Haydar climbing the second...

Haydar climbing the second pitch of the West Ridge - just reaching the top of the crux friction slab (September 18, 2005).
jtschanz
on Sep 21, 2005 11:34 am
Image ID: 127251

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Martin Cash

Martin Cash - Sep 21, 2005 1:27 pm - Voted 10/10

Cool pic!

Nice job on Prussik you guys! Looks like a beautiful area. I have yet to make it in there.



Good stuff.

jtschanz

jtschanz - Sep 21, 2005 2:35 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Cool pic!

Thanks a lot Martin! When you go in, you should definitely check out the South Face - a bit beyond my level right now but I'm sure you would love it. Pretty cool looking ...

Martin Cash

Martin Cash - Sep 21, 2005 3:14 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Cool pic!

Sounds good. I've wanted to climb that Stanley Burgner route, but car to car sounded like too much. I'll have to try that lottery like you guys did. I might do the West Ridge with my wife next year, I think she would love the area.



Now if it would just get warmer. The forecast is for a high of mid 40s at 8,000 feet this weekend. I guess its alpine ice / cragging season already. :-(

Martin Cash

Martin Cash - Sep 26, 2005 9:54 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Cool pic!

Jim, check your email.

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Sep 26, 2005 11:33 pm - Voted 10/10

I think I saw you up there!

I was hiking through the Enchantments to Little Annapurna that day. What time did you summit? I took a couple zoomed in photos of one or two people up top about 11:30 am. Was that you? (I'll post in a few days.)

jtschanz

jtschanz - Sep 27, 2005 7:27 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: I think I saw you up there!

Hey Brian! That was probably us - we summitted around 11:30am and didn't see anyone else on the peak that day. I'd love to see the pics! Too bad we didn't know you were around - we could have shared the misery on the descent :) Hope you had a good trip, too!

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Sep 28, 2005 7:59 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: I think I saw you up there!

Hilarious. I waved to you but you must not have seen us. I'll post the pics tonight or soon. May just email you all 3 I took of you guys.



Nice job on the climb. We ended up hiking back to Snow Lakes in the dark by headlamp. Did you guys come up via Colchuck Lake?

Viewing: 1-7 of 7