Heimkehr am Abend

Heimkehr am Abend

I lifted the title from one of my father's German climbing books, because I think it fitted so well (it means "Going home in the evening"). The people here are returning from the Rifugio Lavaredo, or the Forcella Lavaredo with he stunning view of Drei Zinnen, towards the lower lying Rifugio Auronzo that you can actually drive up to. In the background the rugged peaks of the Cadini group.
Ejnar Fjerdingstad
on Mar 11, 2012 1:06 pm
Image Type(s): Scenery
Image ID: 780658

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Ejnar Fjerdingstad

Ejnar Fjerdingstad - Jul 25, 2012 8:40 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Hello Einar !

Hello! Yes, my father climbed most of the major peaks in the Eastern Alps (Grossvenediger, Grossglockner, Wildspitze, Weisskugel, Ortler) and many smaller peaks in the 1920s and 1930s, sometimes by a more difficult route, as the Hochjochgrat on Ortler. He also was twice in Arctic Sweden (Lapland) and once in the Tatras to climb. Mountain climbing was virtually unheard of in Denmark then (probably more Danes have climbed Everest now than had climbed Grossglockner then), so he might be considered something of a pioneer.

Ejnar Fjerdingstad

Ejnar Fjerdingstad - Jul 26, 2012 8:05 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Hello Einar !

Yes, I have thought about it. Actually, I had written a draft in Word, when I got temporarily banned with the comment that next time it would be permanent. This understandably made me loose my interest in the project.

Now that mass bannings seem less in vogue, perhaps I should dig up the draft again and continue. There would be some great photos by my father in b/w., taken on 9 x 12 cm glass plates!

Viewing: 1-2 of 2