Viewing: 1-8 of 8
silversummit

silversummit - May 16, 2009 9:42 pm - Voted 10/10

Good start

I would suggest filling in much more information such as how to get to the trailhead, mileages, how safe is parking, trail markings, local wildlife, etc. Which agency administers the area? Is this who answers the phone number you listed? Any guidebook references? Any maps available? Any hazards? Some of your camping info is a bit contradictory. And a little spell check would aid your readers too (type in Word and paste into SP). Sorry to sound so A.R. but I think your Mountain has potential.

Hotoven

Hotoven - May 16, 2009 11:43 pm - Hasn't voted

Thanks

Thanks for the tips, I'll be sure to add on and improve when I get time. This is my first one. Thanks again!

silversummit

silversummit - May 17, 2009 12:49 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Thanks

Sounds like a plan and I'll up my vote when that happens!

dwhike

dwhike - Jul 9, 2009 10:21 pm - Voted 10/10

SP Rule to Live By...

Post more pics if you've got 'em. The old adage 'a picture is worth a thousand words' is relevant here. Many rather crappy pages (yours is NOT one of them)gain bonus points for great photos. Embedding them into paragraphs is a common technique that helps grab attention to your page. The beta you've included though seems great so pics would be my only suggestion. This is a great start!!

Hotoven

Hotoven - Jul 10, 2009 12:06 am - Hasn't voted

Re: SP Rule to Live By...

Thanks so much for your advice! I don't have any more, but when I go back, I'll gather quite a collection and put up some good ones!

tioga

tioga - Jul 10, 2009 9:19 am - Hasn't voted

I have some information

Hey Hotoven,

I had actually been working on a page for this mountain over the last few months but haven't had the time to put it up on the website. I can send you what I have in a Word document to add to the page and I can even be an administrator of the page, if you want. I can email my work to you, if you want. I grew up in that area and know quite a bit about the area. My brother has some pictures of the mountain on his profile and I have let him know to attach a few. His user name is TiogaBradford if you want to add them. Also, I attached the page as a child to the Northern Allgheny Plateau, since it is part of that region.

Let me know how else I can help.
-tioga

Hotoven

Hotoven - Jul 10, 2009 9:54 am - Hasn't voted

Re: I have some information

Tioga, That would be great if you could email me your info you have collected. When I hiked this I was not thinking I was going to do a page on it. That explains the lack of photos. If your brother would like to attach some of his own, that would be great! I also made you and administrator if you would like to add anything yourself, or make corrections. Thanks for checken this out!

tioga

tioga - Jul 10, 2009 8:39 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: I have some information

If you send me your email address in a PM, then I could send you the information I have. It's not terribly different, but if you want to add it you can. Maybe just a little more history of the area and what not. Also, I added some pictures. Hope you like them.

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Hemlock Mountain' main page