High undulating plateau of...

High undulating plateau of...

High undulating plateau of Rozano has three different colors, depending of the season. In winter it is blinding white as Sun reflects from rock hard surface. In the distance behind is dome of Alancic (1611m). Here passes amazing section of Premuziceva Staza path on the was from Rossijevo Skloniste to Alan pass.

Photo: Aleksandar Gospic
Velebit
on Dec 29, 2004 7:35 am
Image ID: 82974

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Sene

Sene - Mar 29, 2006 5:54 pm - Voted 10/10

In front of the Sun

Great shot, I love it! Could You give me some deatels about how can I take the same beautiful picture like this (in front of the Sun)

Velebit

Velebit - Mar 29, 2006 10:16 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: In front of the Sun

Thanks Sene! Not that easy task because it depends from camera to camera and how they respond to certain light situations. Every firm, even cameras, have different algorithms how they process captured image. But in general snow tends to overexpose the image so you have to go one or two stops down (aperture -0.3 for example). Now, to avoid snow being gray (we want it bright and shiny) you should go up with the contrast. But if you cannot achieve it to be satisfying with camera, and snow is very demanding to photograph, you can always fix it at home with software. Mostly add some shadows (dark point) and contrast. Ups, after writing in general about snow I've noticed that your questions was about direct Sun :-) -0.3 aperture is not that necessary in such situations, more contrast is. You have to be careful when reading light for exposure. Take reading while placing Sun away from the center because if at center image might be too dark (too fast shutter). Take reading; hold half pressed shutter release, reframe and fire. Hope this helps at least a bit.

Sene

Sene - Mar 30, 2006 3:34 am - Voted 10/10

Re: In front of the Sun

Thanks for Your advise, I will use that.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3