Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Nate D

Nate D - Sep 15, 2006 1:11 am - Hasn't voted

neat

Looks kinda dome-like. Is the upper section similarly wildly featured like the Obelisk? Is the nearby finger rock interesting at all?
Thanks for sharing this baby!

brutus of wyde

brutus of wyde - Sep 24, 2006 1:42 am - Hasn't voted

re: neat

The upper section, and the Golden Tower routes, are very Obelisk-like. In fact, we sometimes refer to this area as "Obelisk Light."

Finger Rock has 5 routes so far, the wild route Boldfinger (5.10 by Leversee); South Face (5.8 by Beckey, FFA by Brennan and I); West Face (5.7, Brennan & Bindner); Proctologist (5.9, Kenega, Holland & Bindner) and the stunning South Arete (5.9 by the same three idiots).

Haven't done Finger Rock here yet 'cause I need to find some of the older topos.

mungeclimber - May 16, 2014 2:19 am - Voted 10/10

2013 additions

Last year (2013) Godars, Mucci and I did some new climbs on Hoffman. Thoroughly enjoyed the trips. If anyone needs/wants the beta, I'm happy to provide details. I've just been to preoccupied with other areas to mock up some phototopos. Partly, the angle for a good pic is hard to get on the Eastern face, where 3 of the lines were done.

Dave Daly

Dave Daly - Nov 6, 2014 3:01 pm - Voted 10/10

2014 Additions

2 more routes were put up on the East Face in Sept by a handful of folks:
- 'Strong Bad' (5.8R, 3 pitches) FA- Mungeclimb and Em Holland (Sept 2014)
- 'My Seniorita' (5.9, 3 pitches) FA - Dave Daly and Mungeclimber (Sept 2014)

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Hoffman Mountain' main page