User Profile Image

User Profile Image

HQ Gillani
on Oct 4, 2018 5:59 am
Image ID: 1024178

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
lsheen

lsheen - Oct 6, 2018 4:03 pm - Voted 8/10

Nanga Parbat from the famed Fairy Meadows in early morning light?

Such a beautiful pic... too bad it's also an advertisement. The watermarks kinda ruin it for me.

I'd like to see more of your work - with no watermarks. You're clearly a talented photographer with a good eye, great subject matter, and good equipment. I support that you want to make money from your photos. Feel free to mention in the photo description that you sell such high-quality photos.

But DON'T turn your great pics into billboards!

Just my $.02.

Big Lew

HQ Gillani

HQ Gillani - Oct 7, 2018 4:11 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nanga Parbat from the famed Fairy Meadows in early morning light?

Hi Big Lew,
Thanks for your comments. I am a hobbyist photographer and do not sell my photos (haven't done it yet). Basically, I am a traveler, hunter and angler with a keen interest in photography but photography is not my profession. I joined this site because it provided good information about trekking and hiking in mountains. I was supposed to upload a photo as "my profile pic" and I uploaded this pic of Nanga Parbat that I took during my trip to Raikot base camp couple of weeks back.

I dont' intend my photo to be an advertisement of any sort as I don't sell them and do not make any money out of it. If you are referring to the watermark than it is to protect my photos from being misused. Unfortunately in the past, when I didn't use to watermark my photos, some of the them were used commercially by people not known to me and of course, without my permission. It is basically to protect my photos from misuse. I will be sharing more of my photos on this site if members like them. The purpose would be to share the beauty of the places that I visit with the members of this forum and learn from their experience.

best regards

Viewing: 1-2 of 2