Huascaran Sur Comments

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Alberto

Alberto - Sep 30, 2009 10:06 am - Voted 10/10

Good decision

I was in Peru in August and I climbed Pisco. While there I heard a lot of 'horror stories' about Huascaran: for example our guide had to organize a rescue team to try to find a body of a Japanese climber disappeared on Huascaran with his guide a couple of weeks earlier. So if the conditions were not right for a summit attempt I think you really made the right decision.

albanberg

albanberg - Sep 30, 2009 10:20 am - Hasn't voted

Thank you

Alberto, thanks for your comments. Yes, I think so too. The story that my guide had was that the Japanese climber and his guide fell into the crevasse at camp 2. I have no idea if this is correct though as he was not there. Also they were supposedly climbing the north peak, which has more risk. Terrible either way, but it would be good to know what happened.

On a brighter note, maybe were on Pisco at the same time?

Alberto

Alberto - Sep 30, 2009 12:41 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Thank you

Unfortunately when I left Peru in mid August they were assembling a second rescu party becauase during the first one, they only managed to locate the rough area were they thought the Japanese disappeared.

On the brighter note, I summited Pisco on the 17th August. It was a beautiful day and I really loved it!

albanberg

albanberg - Sep 30, 2009 1:06 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Thank you

Oh, we were in Huaraz when you were up on Pisco. Yeah, we had great weather on Pisco too, clear and no wind.

Cheers!

BLong

BLong - Oct 4, 2009 3:35 pm - Hasn't voted

Nice TR

I really enjoyed the photos too. Hoping to climb Huascaran Sur this summer. Si Dios lo permite!

albanberg

albanberg - Oct 4, 2009 7:56 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice TR

Thanks BLong...maybe we will see you down there!

Corax

Corax - Oct 6, 2009 9:12 pm - Voted 10/10

I like

I like your approach. Thanks for posting this interesting trip report. I'm probably heading for Cordillera Blanca soon and this read was of help.

albanberg

albanberg - Oct 6, 2009 10:05 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: I like

Thanks Corax... if there's any other info that I might be able to help with just send me a message. I hope you have a good trip!

albanberg

albanberg - Oct 8, 2009 2:19 pm - Hasn't voted

Thanks everyone

...for reading and voting/commenting!

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Return to 'Huascaran Sur' main page