Huberbuam

Huberbuam

Page Type Page Type: Album

Add Heading here

In the Spring of 2005, the Hubers undertook a quest to break the speed record for an ascent of El Capitan's The Nose. Lotus Films and director and writer, Pepe Danquart, also started filming the documentary "Am Limit" of the Huber's quest for this record.

It was quite the production and fun to watch how things unfolded. This project actually managed to upset the C4 economy, with monkeys being payed up to $150 per carry to schlep loads for the crew. Some monkeys made 2 or 3 trips a day when needed.

Having gotten to know the Hubers in the years prior, while sharing camp with them in Camp 4, I talked with Alex and Pepe and was set to shoot stills for them on their attempt. I shot these preliminary images one weekend, with plans to get things underway the following week. Unfortunately, Alex would take a fall while rigging and do damage to his ankle that prevented them from pursuing their quest further that season, as well as prevented me from getting shots of them on the route.

The next season, while pushing the limit to the max, Thomas would take a 70' fall and injur his back. Again, ending their quest.

In the end, "AM Limit" wrapped without the last piece of footage they were seeking: Alex and Thomas topping out after having broken the record.

AM Limit was released in Europe last week and will hit the states soon.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Comments

No comments posted yet.