Hushe, Baltistan, Pakistan

Hushe, Baltistan, Pakistan

Page Type Page Type: Logistical Center
Activities Activities: Hiking, Mountaineering, Sport Climbing, Bouldering, Ice Climbing, Big Wall, Mixed, Skiing
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Hushe Village
Hushe Valley is located in the Khaplu District of Baltistan. Hushe valley is still the gateway to adventurous treks, most of which lead to the north side of Shyok River. The area is the historic base of many voyages of exploration and expeditions to the mountains in this region of Karakoram. G.T. Vigne, after whom one of the glaciers south of Concordia is named, had ascended the Saltoro valley from Khaplu in 1838 in his search for Saltoro Pass. Some 70 years later Great Tom Longstaff, accompained By Arthur Neve and A.N. Slingsby, repeated the journey and found the pass at the head of Bilafond Glacier, they then crossed and descends to the Siachen Glacier.

Hushe Village
Hushe is starting point to many famous mountains, like Masherbrum, K-6, Laila Peak, and famous Gondogoro la..

Hushe village consists of few shops, huts and camping sites, and simple accommodation for a night's stay are available. Porters can also be hired.
At Hushe Village, the trekking and expedition teams arrange, kerosene oil, vegetables, and also climbing and trekking equipment/gears.

Getting There

From Skardu you have to hire jeeps for Hushe village, which is about 100km. Here you have to arrange porters.

Red Tape

Hushe village is located in specified Open zone. For climbing of mountains (below 6500m)in specified open zone like Nagma Valley and some other valleys and hiking in open zone there is no need of permit of permission from Ministry of Tourism, Islamabad. However, trekking and climbing & trekking permit is required for climbing/trekking in specified restricted zone of the area.

Camping

Camping facilities are available at Hushe village. There are many campsite and camping fees are very reasonable.



Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.