Viewing: 1-5 of 5
scotthsu

scotthsu - Aug 24, 2009 9:59 am - Voted 10/10

Congrats

on a fine "debut" for your first CO climb! You were a real trooper through the tedious loose terrain despite your shoes that didn't give any support. I'll have to work on my poker face so as not to give away that scree's a-coming. Anyhow, welcome to the "peak junkie" club :-) Hope you will join us for another climb soon!

Nice Axe!

Nice Axe! - Aug 24, 2009 1:30 pm - Voted 10/10

Trooper

is right! You're a hero! Your mental stamina and physical endurance are impressive. Not an easy introduction to Class 2-4, and all in one hike to boot. You're welcome to hang with us anytime. It was such a pleasure having you along!

PS. On our descent off of W. Apostle, we descended to a cairned saddle, not an unnamed summit. :-)

Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - Aug 24, 2009 3:37 pm - Voted 10/10

A real trooper,

A great Trip Report. Enjoyed reading it.
A few photos would have helped make the page more lively. Scott and Amy can help with that.
Welcome to Summit Post,
Happy climbing,
Marc

lotusblossom

lotusblossom - Aug 24, 2009 9:37 pm - Hasn't voted

Thanks!

Thanks guys! Of course I couldn't have done it without you. I'm definitely looking forward to MORE! And looking forward to skiing with ya'll as well! I'm still learning to navigate this site and will add some pics in the text soon because I agree Marcsoltan, it would make it more interesting, fashizz.
Happy climbing indeed,
Diana

Jason Halladay

Jason Halladay - Aug 26, 2009 12:07 am - Hasn't voted

big intro

That's a huge intro to Colorado's mountains, Diana. What a cool outing you all. I'm sure you'll be back up that way ASAP, especially if you hang out with Scott and Amy more...those two are animals. Good stuff.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Ice Cubed; my first experience climbing in Colorado!' main page