Viewing: 1-11 of 11
DudeThatMustHurt

DudeThatMustHurt - Jun 3, 2006 6:07 pm - Voted 10/10

Great work!

Keep up the great page work! comming along nicely

JonBradford

JonBradford - Jul 30, 2006 3:11 am - Voted 10/10

Stellar

Fabio,
I hadn't seen this till now. A beautiful piece of work in the making it is.
Jon

brenta

brenta - Jul 31, 2006 4:40 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Stellar

Thanks for the compliment, Jon. Now really I have to finish the page!

Scott

Scott - Aug 8, 2006 2:31 am - Hasn't voted

Devils Thumb

It may be that the lure of nearby Rocky Mountain National Park has kept climbers away from the Indian Peaks. It may be that the climbers who frequent them are secretive. If you know something or have an interesting conjecture, please share it.

Devils Thumb is a nice rock climb.

Devils Thumb

brenta

brenta - Aug 8, 2006 3:49 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Devils Thumb

Scott, Devils Thumb's spiral route is one of the few routes I'm aware of in IPW. If you recommend it, I'll be glad to add it to the "selected hikes and climbs" section. The point I'm trying to make, however, is that the number of popular routes is very small. On a different topic, I was convinced that you had created a page for James Peak Wilderness, but I can't find it. Am I just wrong, or what happened to it? Thanks.

Scott

Scott - Aug 8, 2006 5:55 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Devils Thumb

If you recommend it, I'll be glad to add it to the "selected hikes and climbs" section.

Yep, I thought it was a very nice climb and a nice summit. I would recommend it.

On a different topic, I was convinced that you had created a page for James Peak Wilderness, but I can't find it. Am I just wrong, or what happened to it?

I did write and create one, but I saved and deleted the page. I was going to focus on adding pages that I thought other SP members likely wouldn't be adding (such as Dinosaur National Monument) instead of adding more on the well known peaks in CO. That's why I haven't added any more Gore or Wasatch pages (for example) either, because it seems that other SP members have that one covered well, and I can save those peaks for them to add.

I don't want to be a page hog, so I focused (and am still focusing) on mountains and ranges that I don't think anyone else will add.

I'm surprised no one has submitted another James Peak page. I guess if no one does soon, I'll just resubmit it. I do have it saved.

Cyrill

Cyrill - Nov 29, 2007 4:18 pm - Voted 10/10

AAA

a interesting report.

lcarreau

lcarreau - Jun 16, 2008 10:59 am - Voted 10/10

Yeah,

but there must be a reason why the city of Boulder
closed off a significant portion of the Peaks. Some
of you guys and gals should get together, and protest
at the door of city hall! It sounds like another Area 51.
:)

silversummit

silversummit - Nov 29, 2008 12:38 pm - Voted 10/10

Both the links need updating.

I would like to know more for adding to my album info and appreciate what's already been done.
Kathy

brenta

brenta - Nov 30, 2008 10:48 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Both the links need updating.

Thanks for the heads-up. Several links were broken. They should be fixed now. Nice album. What additional info were you looking for?

silversummit

silversummit - Dec 1, 2008 7:22 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Both the links need updating.

The map link really gives me a good overview of the Indian Peaks area. I'm not really sure what I need at this point. I'm still trying to reconstruct my trip paths from 1973 - 1975. Your page helps alot! And thanks for looking at my album.
Kathy

Viewing: 1-11 of 11
Return to 'Indian Peaks (CO)' main page