Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Dean

Dean - Dec 19, 2006 6:37 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice resource

A great way to present all the P2K's without SP pages.

Bob Bolton

Bob Bolton - Dec 20, 2006 1:17 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice resource

Agreed - looks great Paul. I'll see what I've got in the way of photos to add to this.

Klenke

Klenke - Dec 20, 2006 4:53 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice resource

Bob, in case you did not notice, I also gave you admin rights to the page in case you want to add some info. I've instituted a format requirement that you can glean from the Lime Creek Mtn and Tumwater Mtn sections. TR info should be quoted and made brief, if possible. The writer of the TR info should be supplied afterward.

ericnoel

ericnoel - Jan 20, 2007 9:15 pm - Hasn't voted

Subject+Verb

Read the page. Needs more sentence fragments. Posted them before. But all gone now. So sad. Drives some people insane. Choppy writing that is.

OK, seriously though, I've cleaned my scribbles up a tiny bit so that they are not just strings of predicate clauses.

Are the Black Hills a sub-range of something? If so what is the something? I'm curious because I had thought that they were distinct from the Willapa Hills and I don't know of what other range they could be considered a subset.

Klenke

Klenke - Jan 22, 2007 8:26 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Subject+Verb

I remember making noises about folks' lack of subject parts of sentences while on Fort Lewis. Yep, I dislike it immensely--especially in a formal/important piece of writing like this 2kP page.

To me the Black Hills aren't large enough to be a "range" as compared to the Cascades or the Olympics. But they could be considered a sub-range, not as in a subordinate range of a known larger range (like the Olympics), but as in a general term to apply for groups of mountains and ridges with that size footprint. The Willapa Hills would also be sub-range and actually, if you look at the map (gazetteer, anyway), the Willapa Hills are merely a ridge west of the Doty Hills, which surpasses the Willapas in height. So, in that regard, the mess of forested hills in SW Washington aren't the Willapa Hills 'sub-range' in my book but are in need of a name, something like Washington Coastal Hills (but who am I to decide such things?).

ericnoel

ericnoel - Jan 23, 2007 1:43 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Subject+Verb

Yeah, I'm guilty of using a truncated style in my trip reports as I tend to write them more like road directions- Park Here, Go Left, Up Gully, Traverse right etc- whereas your TRs seem to be mroe narratives. For a forum like this though are right that it is best to be a little more formal.

I was proofreading my blabbering and I saw some things that didn't sound like my voice. So I went back and took a look at the page history and found where I had left sentence fragments and you had filled in the potholes. I guess my habits were bound to clash with your pet peeves. Anyway, it was sort of amusing to run across that after you had mentioned it at Ft. Lewis and then to notice that I had previously done as much in several instances. Now if I can just get it in my head that they are 2000Ps and not P2000s. ;-)

I can't really disagree with you on the Washington Coastal Hills, which is an accurate albeit generic description. In fact, I think that may in fact be how Greg Slayden has them grouped in his database. Although rightly or wrongly I seem to think of everything South of the Chehalis River as the Willapa Hills.

ericnoel

ericnoel - May 7, 2007 2:25 pm - Hasn't voted

Lyman Hill

Martin,
Thanks for adding the Lyman info. I found that little guard station there by the cemetery as I searched for an access point. I was hoping that I had missed something and that I could email Klenke and he would clue me in to the secret short route. But it looks like there is no short route unless you're a logger. :-(

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Info on WA 2kP Peaks' main page