Istor o Nal Additions and Corrections

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
BigLee

BigLee - Jan 8, 2009 9:04 am - Voted 9/10

First Ascent

Nice addition although I think some of the info is a little thin in places to warrent a 10/10. One major point... You mention in the first paragraph that the first ascent was in 1955 by an American Expedition. This is wrong. They initially thought they had reached the summit however, due to cloudy weather, the pair had mistakenly climbed the highest summit of the ridge between the Rock Pinnacle and Istor-o-Nal (North). The Americans thought at the time that they had made a first ascent.

Afzal

Afzal - Jan 8, 2009 10:18 am - Hasn't voted

First Ascent

The creator of the page has clearly mentioned that the main summit was climbed by a Spanish team in 1969 headed by Anglanda.

BigLee

BigLee - Jan 8, 2009 11:49 am - Voted 9/10

Re: First Ascent

Both are mentioned...

Razaq

Razaq - Jan 13, 2009 9:37 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: First Ascent

This is clearly mentioned, that the American Expedition did not gain the Main Summit in 1955. The main summit 7403m was first time scaled by Spainish Expedition, led by Anglada.

Damien Gildea

Damien Gildea - May 10, 2012 7:02 am - Hasn't voted

Re: First Ascent

No, it is NOT clear at all. The way it is written is incorrect. It does not say that the Americans did not reach the summit.

It says "Istor o Nal was first climbed on June 8, 1955 by the Americans".

This implies that they made the first ascent of the mountain - which is not true.

The Spanish ascent should be written first in order, as the first ascent of the mountain. After that it would be appropriate to mention that an American expedition ATTEMPTED the mountain but did not reach the summit.

As it is written, it is wrong.

Razaq

Razaq - May 23, 2012 11:33 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: First Ascent

It is no doubt, that the American Expedition first time tried to scale the peak, but could not summitted the main peak 7403m and scaled one of them and later on the Spainish climbed the main peak in 1969.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Istor o Nal' main page