lcarreau

lcarreau - Oct 2, 2008 7:19 pm - Voted 10/10

Outstanding page ...

What a jewel of a basin! I'm back ...

Larry of AZ

FlatheadNative - Oct 2, 2008 10:39 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Outstanding page ...

thanks friend

It is right outside my door.

yatsek

yatsek - Oct 3, 2008 2:01 pm - Voted 10/10

interesting combination of Norway and the Carpathians

this looks to me, and makes me think of "The River Runs Through It" by Redford:). For the past few years we've been having real trouble with all terrain vehicles and motorbikes in the mountains here, in Poland. From what you write I reckon it's been sorted out in the States?

yatsek

yatsek - Oct 3, 2008 6:37 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: interesting combination of Norway and the Carpathians

Thanks for your reply. I thought US police were more helpful than ours. Anyway, you're right - lucky you!
God bless,
yatsek

FlatheadNative - Oct 4, 2008 12:47 am - Hasn't voted

Re: interesting combination of Norway and the Carpathians

There is only so much a few law enforcement officers can do in the wilderness areas like Montana where there are literally millions and millions of acres. We have groups that represent each side and they are working together to ensure access to off road areas in appropriate ways and locations.

yatsek

yatsek - Oct 4, 2008 7:11 am - Voted 10/10

Re: interesting combination of Norway and the Carpathians

I hope we here can come to the same point over time. It just has to take a few years - hopefully.

Blair

Blair - Oct 3, 2008 5:37 pm - Hasn't voted

WOW

Sorry I missed this place! Great detail on this page, awesome job.

FlatheadNative - Oct 3, 2008 5:58 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: WOW

Thanks Blair. The Jewel Basin is a treasure that we are truly blessed to have in NW Montana. Perhaps you can visit it someday. As I respond to you I can see it out my window. Lucky me!

lcarreau

lcarreau - Oct 3, 2008 7:19 pm - Voted 10/10

It's my opinion

that your door/window opens to the south side of Heaven.

It's my dream that I should someday visit this Heaven.
Peace, Larry!

FlatheadNative - Oct 3, 2008 7:32 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: It's my opinion

I am glad my grandparents decided to settle in the Flathead Valley. They came here in 1936.

LakesideHiker

LakesideHiker - Oct 4, 2008 4:42 pm - Hasn't voted

Great Job!

This one of my favorite places to visit on a short hike...and its close. Thanks for the well informed page. I have not explored during the winter, but this has challenged me to consider spend sometime this coming winter up there. Again...Thanks! Steve

Return to 'Jewel Basin (MT)' main page