Page Type Page Type: Area/Range
Location Lat/Lon: 35.12576°N / 82.57344°W
Activities Activities: Hiking, Bouldering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Sign the Climber's Log

This page is under construction

It will take a while to gather all of the information for this page

Jones Gap State Park consists of 3,346 acres out of the 11,000 acre Mountain Bridge Wilderness Area. There are over 50 miles of very rugged trails in the mountain Bridge Wilderness area. The trails range in difficulty from easy to very strenuous.

On some weekdays you could have the park all to yourself. On several occasions I arrived there to find the parking lot empty with no one registered at the trail heads. The weekends can be quite busy.

Jones Gap is always extremely well maintained. The staff consists of two full time rangers. There is one main facility which includes the rangers office, a small gift shop and a meeting room. There are womens and mens restrooms with warm showers located down the walkway and plenty of picnic tables with the most amazing views from the valley floor.

Getting There

From Greenville: Take Hwy 276 through Travelers Rest, Marietta and Cleveland. Approximately two miles N. of Cleveland turn right at park sign onto River Falls Road. Stay on River Falls Rd. until the name changes to Jones Gap Road. The park is six miles off Hwy. 276.

Red Tape

The front gate closes at 6pm. The state park web site says during daylight savings time they close the gate at 9pm.

Admission is $2 and $1.25 for seniors. Age 15 and younger is free

Hours of operation are seven days a week, 9am-6pm and till' 9pm during daylight savings time.

The office is open from 11am-12pm (If you arrive after 12pm and no one is in the office use the payphone to call the ranger to obtain a permit. Do not set up camp without a permit with intentions of getting one the next day.)

Camping requires a permit. Sites are $8-$20 per night.

External Links

http://www.southcarolinaparks.com/park-finder/state-park/962.aspx

Caesars Head State Park

http://southcarolinaparks.com/park-finder/state-park/1648.aspx

Camping

Add Camping text here.