Königsjodler Additions and Corrections

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
visentin

visentin - Sep 14, 2011 10:03 am - Voted 10/10

attachment

your (nice) route page isn't attached to anything, isn't there any mountain on which it belongs, in the other case a region where to attach it ?

yxygan

yxygan - Sep 14, 2011 12:28 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: attachment

Thanks for your advice: I should attach it as child or related to the Berchtesgaden Alps (Mountains and rocks), but at the moment I have no idea how to do it. May be I will ask the owner to help me or to attach it to its page.

All the best from Budapest, István.

visentin

visentin - Sep 15, 2011 2:28 am - Voted 10/10

Re: attachment

It's very simple ! On top of all pages that belong to you, you've got a yellow stripe with :
"Editor Options: View Main Page | Edit Page | Change Privileges | Attach/Detach | View History | Delete This Page"
Click on Attach/Detach, and type a peak name into the field. If the peak exists on SP attach it to it "as parent", if not attach it to the region, that how it works most of the time.
All the interest of Summitpost is to have a coherent structure in order that everyone is able to find pages related to a place, or (in the opposite way) when reading your route, to recognize where it is.

visentin

visentin - Sep 15, 2011 2:34 am - Voted 10/10

Re: attachment

According to the GPS position I think it needs to be attached to one of the three (I think about Hochkönig in first):

- http://www.summitpost.org/hochk-ouml-nig/152119
- http://www.summitpost.org/taghaube/297768
- http://www.summitpost.org/grandlspitz/296991

dmiki

dmiki - Sep 16, 2011 10:26 am - Voted 10/10

video

A nice video about the route in Hungarian (but I think you will appreciate it even if you don't speak the language):

http://index.hu/video/2011/08/28/kiralyi_jodli_az_egi_vas-uton/

dmiki

dmiki - Sep 16, 2011 10:30 am - Voted 10/10

flying fox - pulley missing

The flying fox section used to be equipped with a pulley, but it has been gone for some time now. Make sure to bring one with you for the fun factor (the wire is 12 mm thick). (This section can also be skipped by downclimbing and climbing up on the other side.)

mvs

mvs - Sep 29, 2019 12:13 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: flying fox - pulley missing

I did it today, without the pulley. I just used a locking carabiner on a sling, wrapped my feet around the cable (to keep weight off the carabiner so it could move) and went across. Gorgeous route!

dmiki

dmiki - Sep 16, 2011 10:32 am - Voted 10/10

descent route

There is a direct route of descent leading back to the start, but it is quite exposed/dangerous (I think 2 people died there in 2010), so we opted for a 4-hour detour to reach Arthurhaus. This version also took a lot of our energy in concentration, and our feet and knees were also aching by the end. I am not sure which descent I would choose next time.

mvs

mvs - Sep 29, 2019 12:15 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: descent route

The direct route is okay as long as there isn't fresh snow, the weather is good, and it's also good to have hiking poles. It was the first time I ever descended a marked route where it was expected you would "scree ski." This was only in the upper part though. It is long and exposed, and I'm saddened though not completely surprised that serious accidents occured.

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Return to 'Königsjodler' main page