Viewing: 1-10 of 10
Baarb

Baarb - Sep 28, 2008 8:41 pm - Voted 10/10

Congratualtions!

I'm very glad you finally made it! And got back again!

Nadios

Nadios - Sep 30, 2008 4:31 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Congratualtions!

Thanks.
It was such a sweet revenge coming back there and finally make it. A dream fullfilled.

WoundedKnee

WoundedKnee - Sep 28, 2008 11:02 pm - Voted 10/10

Awesome!

Can't even imagine how difficult planning and executing this must have been.

Nadios

Nadios - Sep 30, 2008 4:35 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Awesome!

The planning was actually not that hard. We got our bikes, got good maps, bought the provisions and went. The execution was difficult, but also very rewarding. Such beautiful surroundings and the journey to the peak was a great experience in itself.

tioga

tioga - Sep 30, 2008 7:37 am - Hasn't voted

Great story!

Are you the first people to ever make the summit?

Nadios

Nadios - Oct 4, 2008 7:44 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Great story!

Thanks.
Yes we were the first ever on Kangzhagri's summit. It's always a special feeling.

tioga

tioga - Oct 4, 2008 9:06 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Great story!

That is amazing. Congratulations. Good luck on future ascents.

hgrapid

hgrapid - Sep 30, 2008 11:55 am - Voted 10/10

Wow!

You are a true adventurer. Congratulations on your success. I consider Gannet Peak in Wyoming at 13,800 feet, with a 23 mile approach and about a five-day round trip hike, too hard. For you, that would probably be an easy walk through the woods! However, I hope you will visit the U.S. and with your abilities see the beauty of the Western U.S. by taking on our most difficult mountains. I think after you went through Kangzhagri, you can easily climb any difficult desolate mountains in the U.S. with ease.

Nadios

Nadios - Oct 4, 2008 7:49 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Wow!

Thanks.
Some peaks in North America are probably also very difficult to reach. To battle your way through dense forests with a heavy backpack can be very hard. I have no experience of climbing in the U.S., but I know what the woods and nature of northern Canada can be like. Tough.

Kenneth.alone - Nov 29, 2008 12:20 am - Voted 10/10

Thanks...

for the story, it was a glimpse back to what this all used to be about. Discovery, isolation and personal discipline.
Very proud of you both, you have my respect.
-Kenneth

Viewing: 1-10 of 10
Return to 'Kangzhagri first ascent route' main page