Viewing: 1-14 of 14
desainme

desainme - Nov 11, 2003 11:50 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Glad to see this is in the Lost Creek Area and not Kenosha Wisconsin-too cold. Good pix and apt descriptions.

Grant

Grant - Nov 13, 2003 9:36 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Excellent page Jon, These peaks are definitely on my to do list. I really want to do the loop hike that conquers all of these peaks described in Roaches book.





Andy

Andy - Nov 19, 2003 8:56 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice work.

Kane

Kane - Nov 26, 2003 10:31 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I'm tired of being patient. You still have the note up for us to be patient.



Excellent page which will provide a blue print for my "Tarryall Massif" page.



Its you and me, the LCW is ours. Its an honor to share this beautiful area with someone who loves it as much as myself. Jgsman seems to have an interest in submitting stuff from ths area in the future. He already maintains the Twin Cones page.

JonBradford

JonBradford - Nov 26, 2003 11:19 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Kane... I have 3 more routes I can add to this page. I would like to do it right. Unfortunately I have been working way to much and I have been having trouble motivating myself to write in my free time... its much easier to just post photos :) Whatever the case I am glad you like the page... but the real test is... Have I convinced you to try the "Alphabetizer"? I do believe it is worthwhile. Thanks for the 4 stars Kane. Your opinion has a lot of wieght.

Jon Bradford

RyanS

RyanS - Dec 1, 2003 12:55 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

An excellent page. I can't say you inspired Erin and I to climb the Alphabetizer -- a trip to Peak X in January was all the convincing I needed -- but your page is very timely for me. I find myself longing for the hills this Monday morning, and remembering fondly through your pictures the sights of our hike two days ago.



As usual, Jon, I really appreciate your notes on the geology. It's interesting to me that the Kenoshas are of the Kenosha batholith, but if you travel further down the range crest to Windy Peak and Buffalo Peak (a mountain for which I'd like to submit an SP page), the rock is of the Pikes batholith.



"Eurus Plateau" is an excellent addition. It illustrates the solitude and wonders that await our exploration in Colorado's wild lands. I would understand if a part of you wanted to keep such a place to yourself, but I think 'exclusives,' such as yours and Kane's 'The Cata Mount,' are fabulous ways that Rockies SP can excel and stand out from the crowd. There's amazing descriptions of challenging mountaineering routes for Alps, Andes, etc., however, where else can you find great descriptions of intimate places like the one you've shown us?

JonBradford

JonBradford - Dec 1, 2003 9:23 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Ryan,

Thank you for the kind words. I am glad you appreciated the Kenosha page. For some reason the Kenosha's are dear to me. They cheer me up in the wintertime! Sometime soon I am going to try and get back to explore a pair of high eleveners that lie between Zephy Peak and Windy Peak. Perhaps this trip will give me an idea where the contact between the Kenosha Batholith and the Pikes Peak Batholith lies. Please check back again.

Jon

Dean

Dean - Dec 5, 2003 3:39 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great page. Excellent

Colonelpyat

Colonelpyat - Apr 4, 2004 4:53 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice.

The Lower Marmot

The Lower Marmot - May 27, 2004 7:37 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Phenomenal page!

miztflip

miztflip - Nov 25, 2004 4:59 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice work.

Larry V

Larry V - Jul 3, 2005 10:17 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Well done.

JonBradford

JonBradford - Jan 19, 2006 7:08 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thank you for your vote!

Jon

mlewis777

mlewis777 - Jul 20, 2006 2:10 am - Hasn't voted

Peak X report

My 11-year old son and I conquered Peak X on 7/15/2006. Great views for a 5-mile roundtrip from Long Gulch TH. It was 100+ in Denver but in the 70s up on the peak, feeling marvelous. Recent rains made for lots of flies and skeeters...possibly a better hike outside of summer. Nonetheless very cool hike.

Viewing: 1-14 of 14
Return to 'Kenosha Mountains' main page