Viewing: 1-20 of 21
12
Bubba Suess

Bubba Suess - Dec 1, 2010 11:34 pm - Voted 10/10

Other pictures

You ought to attach all the images you used for this page to the gallery.

foster fanning

foster fanning - Dec 1, 2010 11:52 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Other pictures

Thanks Bubba, I'll change out that one pic of the cabin I lifted from on-line. Foster

chugach mtn boy

chugach mtn boy - Dec 2, 2010 11:53 am - Voted 10/10

Nice addition to the site

... breaks some good new ground!

I think Bubba means "attach" the pictures as "children" to the main page. Right now they are just embedded, but not attached.

foster fanning

foster fanning - Dec 2, 2010 12:18 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice addition to the site

Thanks for the input. Does that mean I should go back and attach all photos? If so would I need to delete their embedded counter-parts? Appreciate any guidence as I'm tech-challenged on this one.

chugach mtn boy

chugach mtn boy - Dec 2, 2010 2:28 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Nice addition to the site

Oh no, nothing that bad! All it amounts to is this:
1. When you're signed in and looking at your area/range page, you'll see a yellow editing bar at the top. Click "Attach/detach" on that bar.
2. On the next screen, use the pull-down to set a search for "images" (NOT "all except images"). Check the box for "My submissions only." Don't enter anything in the "For" blank. Now click "Find objects."
3. Your pictures will pop up. Check the box by each one that's related to this page. Click "attach objects" at the bottom.

foster fanning

foster fanning - Dec 2, 2010 3:20 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice addition to the site

That helped ~ thanks. Think I have it now...

Dean

Dean - Dec 2, 2010 11:12 pm - Voted 10/10

Copper Butte

Just in case you haven't seen this one, this could be attached to your range page:
Copper Butte

foster fanning

foster fanning - Dec 2, 2010 11:19 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Copper Butte

Hi Dean, thanks for checking out my new (and only) page. Yes, seems like it would fit. Not sure I understand how the attaching works. In this case would you do it or I?
Foster

chugach mtn boy

chugach mtn boy - Dec 3, 2010 2:45 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Copper Butte

Either one of you can. Foster, if you want to do it, follow the same steps except on step 2, search "Mountains and Rocks" "For" Copper Butte, and DON'T check "My submissions only."

What this will accomplish is make cross-references between your pages that appear on the left margin (among other things).

Dean

Dean - Dec 3, 2010 8:21 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Copper Butte

Foster, I took the liberty of attaching Copper Butte to your page. There are three other mountains on SP that you could attach:
Wapaloosie Mtn 154199
Sherman Peak 516885
Snow Peak 516891

By using the attach/detach mechanism, attach these as a child to your range page. CMB has the info on this but let me know if
you need more help on how to do this. You have a nice page and
by adding the mountain pages that exist for this range, it'll be
even nicer.

Dean

foster fanning

foster fanning - Dec 7, 2010 8:02 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Copper Butte

Dean, I haven't been able to attach Wapaloosie Mtn 154199, Sherman Peak 516885, or Snow Peak 516891. When I try to do so the search engine simply doesn't find anything. Most likely pilot error on my part. Suggestions?

Dean

Dean - Dec 13, 2010 7:35 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Copper Butte

Hi Foster, I've put together a step by step that should work:
1. Go to the Orange Editor Options bar near the top of the page and click on the attach/detach option.
2. When you click on that, it'll bring up another page that offers a "find objects to attach to Kettle Range"
3. Under search, leave it on "all except images" and put the number of the mountain, which for Wapaloosie Mtn would be 154199 and click on the find object button.
4. This will bring up a line for Wapaloosie Mtn. Find the attach as a child button and click the attach object button. This should put Wapaloosie on your front page on the left side.

Repeat this step for Sherman Peak and Snow Peak using the numbers as listed prior. Again, if you have a problem, let me know.

ericnoel

ericnoel - Dec 6, 2010 5:13 pm - Voted 10/10

Kettle Range

This is a good thorough page.

One thing that looked a little bit funny is that some of the peak elevations are different than those shown on the USGS quads. I'm seeing Copper Butte as 7140 and Snow Peak as 7103. Not sure what the source of the difference is?

You might also wish to mention the push to make this area a federal wilderness area. I don't have any links off the top of my head but I know that I have read some articles about conservation groups who are campaigning to make this a wilderness.

foster fanning

foster fanning - Dec 7, 2010 7:59 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Kettle Range

Appreciate the comment on the KRR page. Will look onto the differing elevation notes and see if I can solve the question. Yes, there are a number of pages on the inter-net addressing the various campaigns regarding the Kettle River Range. Intent for this page is to present the Kettle River Range as it is, but not necessarily make it a platform for my politics. Thank you.

ericnoel

ericnoel - Dec 8, 2010 1:06 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Kettle Range

My thought is that in an ideal world it would be nice to present the wilderness proposals as a current issue and try to be neutral about it while at the same time informing people so that they can make up their mind one way or another. But I can certainly understand the reluctance to get into the politics as once you go down that road it almost inevitably gets into haggling and outright squabbling.

mrh

mrh - Dec 9, 2010 4:19 pm - Voted 10/10

Good Page

I like it. Thanks for the thorough effort.

foster fanning

foster fanning - Dec 9, 2010 7:45 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Good Page

Thanks for the comment. The KRR page is really a work in progress. I'm collaborating with the Stonerose Interpretive Center to add a geological component to this page and the local historical society to include some historical data as well. Hope to have those components up before the years end.

Wandering Sole Images

Wandering Sole Images - Dec 17, 2010 2:42 am - Voted 10/10

Looks great

Nice efforts on the page! A great addition to Summitpost's growing library of information :)

foster fanning

foster fanning - Dec 17, 2010 8:39 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Looks great

Thank you. Took a look at your profile, hadn't seen such use of videos on SP. Very nice...

bigbuilder - Jan 9, 2011 1:39 pm - Hasn't voted

Nice page, a range I hadn't heard of

Beautiful pictures here. Looks really idyllic.

Viewing: 1-20 of 21
12
Return to 'Kettle River Range' main page