KshitiDhar Comments

Viewing: 1-10 of 10
SoCalHiker

SoCalHiker - Jun 16, 2011 4:09 pm - Hasn't voted

This page

has been moved to a "Custom Object" since it has been a couple of days without any additions. If you decide to add some info and details you can convert it back to a "Mountain" page.

Guido

lingana

lingana - Jun 16, 2011 11:18 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: This page

Guido:

Thanks for the info. What exactly is a "custom object"? Something different from a normal page?

- Sam.

SoCalHiker

SoCalHiker - Jun 16, 2011 11:30 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: This page

We have decided to move mountain, route, area pages that are not complete or are lacking sufficient information and details to the Custom Object section if the owner intends to work on it. This way the "incomplete" page does not appear on the regular mountain, route, or area page. We are looking forward to you adding information to this page. But please be advised that "empty" pages will get deleted after some time if nothing happens to them.

Thanks for your reply. Guido

SoCalHiker

SoCalHiker - Jul 9, 2011 5:31 pm - Hasn't voted

I see...

... you worked on the page. Do you have any images to attach to that page?

Best, Guido

lingana

lingana - Jul 11, 2011 2:26 am - Hasn't voted

Re: I see...

Hi Guido:

I will be putting a few images soon.

Regards,
Sam.

SoCalHiker

SoCalHiker - Jul 25, 2011 12:16 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: I see...

Are you going to add some photos to your pages?

Guido

lingana

lingana - Jul 26, 2011 7:27 am - Hasn't voted

Re: I see...

Guido:
I did put up some photos on the page, which are all "borrowed" from the net. Regarding specific photos of the route and the climb, I already have 109 images tagged along, on the trip report.

I think the page does look much better now. Let me know what you think.

Regards,
Sam.

SoCalHiker

SoCalHiker - Jul 26, 2011 11:08 am - Hasn't voted

Re: I see...

Due to copyright issues you need explicit permission from the original owner of the photos to upload and use them on SP. If you did not obtain permission, please remove them immediately. You can use some of your own photos that you used for your TR to illustrate this page as well.

Regards, Guido

lingana

lingana - Jul 27, 2011 12:13 am - Hasn't voted

Re: I see...

Guido:

OK - will remove them immediately. Thanks for the clarification. You see, I have never been to Shimla, so I don't have any photos of mine. And, you know how boring a page looks without photos, hence the attempt.
My intention is not to infringe on anybody's work, and claim credit for anybody's work, but to merely use it to facilitate better information, should anybody want to visit the same area.

But, as per the SP rules, I will remove them immediately.
Thanks,
Regards,
Sam.

SoCalHiker

SoCalHiker - Jul 27, 2011 12:00 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: I see...

Thanks. Please make sure that you not only remove them from the page but also from your profile. Those images without explicit permission from the owner must not be uploaded to SP.

Best regards, Guido

Viewing: 1-10 of 10
Return to 'KshitiDhar' main page