Landscape Arch

Landscape Arch

Arches National Park, Utah
Marcsoltan
on Jan 24, 2011 10:22 am
Image Type(s): Scenery
Image ID: 694238

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Noondueler

Noondueler - Jan 25, 2011 11:40 pm - Voted 10/10

Marvelous shot Marc!

Amazing geological display! I guess the wind did this over vast time. Wonder if you can walk across it?

Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - Jan 26, 2011 10:01 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Marvelous shot Marc!

Thank you for the compliment ND. I wish photos could do justice to this huge formation. The only way would be to have a person on top of it. There's only one problem, it's illegal, and for a good reason. I would rather preserve this beautiful arch than to show the size.

EricChu

EricChu - Feb 16, 2011 5:16 pm - Voted 10/10

Great picture!

Absolutely amazing, this natural arch...what a delicacy in it's shape!

Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - Feb 16, 2011 7:46 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great picture!

Thank you so much, Eric. Yes, this is a very delicate arch and walking on top of it is prohibited. In fact, they discourage people from getting too close to it, just in case it falls off. I would have loved to get right under it.

cmarks7clouds

cmarks7clouds - May 8, 2016 11:13 pm - Voted 10/10

Likeminded

Have been to Arches on 2 occasions and to Landscape both times. It is a difficult shoot as you know because of its size and the very limited area the shooter has to work with. Mine is from the same footing within a few feet but yours is much better with the snow. Thanks for posting!

Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - May 9, 2016 12:59 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Likeminded

You are quite welcome and thank you for the kind words Mr.Marks.
I feel that I've been very lucky to get to Arches NP right after a snowstorm. A little snow on the landscape along with blue skies change everything.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6