Landscape, Impressionist Paintings Western Colorado and the Grand Valley

Landscape, Impressionist Paintings Western Colorado and the Grand Valley

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Scenery

The Grandest Valley

Western Colorado's Grand Valley holds a unique gallery of iconic flat topped high ground rimmed with sharp edges that drop steeply eroded slopes and canyon bottoms. The early explorers named the formation higher and larger formations "mesas" as in the 11,330' topped Grand Mesa, the worlds largest flat-top mountain. Frenchmen apparently passed through the lower striated "plateau cliffs and Plateau Canyon that drains below the Grand Mesa. Add a Teapot, a throne, a few chairs and pot holes and you're ready for an imaginative landscape filled feast fit for a king.

This album is a celebration of all things grand in the Grand Valley. Please add to it as you see fit in your travels and observations in Mesa County and its surrounding countryside(s).

Grand Valley DreamMy ambition is to catch the eye and cause more enthusiasm for how sublime yet bright and movingly cool the Grand Valley really is. SIA 03.



Illuminating the Grand Legend "Show the Way"- 1997. Soul figure in foreground looks up. One hand painting the Grand Mesa Ute Thunderbird, another hand holds a key unlocking the sun. My first painting on canvas.


Grand Valley Glows at NightNight Glow of the Grand Valley of Western Colorado.
Displaying monumental Grand valley landscapes and architecture as one. Acrylic]



More Grandeur

Soft Sunlight on Mount GarfieldSunlight on Mount Garfield. SIA 08


Grand Capitol of the WestGrand Capitol of the West. A Star Studded Cast of Mountains and Towers Crowd the elevated Scene.

Windows of Moutains, Deserts and the CoastRandi on her vintage couch with three views of mountain, desert, and coast in the large windows. Belle and a tempting apple accompany her.


Flirting Trees in WinterA cold inversion-snow covered Grand Valley is seen through the warm trunks of glowing willow trees.


Monumental ViewGrand Evening from The Monument.


Grand Photography

Grand Valley SkylineLooming Clouds over the Bookcliffs and Grand Mesa.


Mount Garfieldthe Bookcliffs chief summit looms across valley from the Colorado National Monument sandstone rimmed cliffs with pinon, juniper, sage and Mormon tea gardened slopes.


Independence Monolith Monument CanyonColorado's Pink Side". Randi Marsh takes it all in above the Grand Valley on a winter's day. Sublime.
Erosion Never Ends A Good FlightThe End



Comments

No comments posted yet.