Langenfels Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Kikee

Kikee - Feb 12, 2012 3:36 pm Date Climbed: Feb 12, 2012

Langenfels  Sucess!

I was hiking one more time on this very wild and unknown rock, with a cool dry and sunny winter-day ! I was totally alone here, but the trafic on the B10 road was always so noisy. I began my visit with the southern walls, which are the highest and then, I continued with the northern ones, which are smaller and darker ! I found two scrambling possibilities for reaching the summital parts (the rocks were not icy and snowy, so I had succeed to reach the two summits ! ). The highest summit was the most difficult to penetrate, from the eastern small rocky wall, but from thereover, was the panorama atomical, fabulous. I saw the two valleys of Queich and Wellbachtal, equally the Langental secondary valley and the nearby climbing pillar of the Frohndell-Pfeiler : it was simply exceptionnal ! One info still, to know : the total height of the southern walls is reaching 74 meters (this is almost a record in all the Palatinate !!! ). The southern walls are more difficult to be hiked, contrary as the northern ones (where the slopes are steeper ... ). And the southern walls are hidden very interesting erosions structures and picturesque forms ...

Kikee

Kikee - Sep 27, 2009 2:44 pm Date Climbed: Sep 26, 2009

Langenfels  Sucess!

In this very sunny and agreable saturday, the 26th september 2009, I was at the Langenfels and I went on the two summits of this spectacular rock : the western summit and the eastern summit ! The western is very small and exposed. The eastern one, is most savage, isolated and unknown. Personnaly, I prefer the eastern summit, which proposes a bigger panorama and a most beautiful flora (cladonias lichens, especially ! ). Unfortunately is the site a little bit noisy, because of the proximity with the B 10 road (Queich valley) ...

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Return to 'Langenfels' main page