Ledge Trail Comments

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
rangermatt

rangermatt - May 3, 2006 7:41 pm - Voted 10/10

Thanks!

After coming down the Four-Mile Trail once (paved?!) I vowed to never step foot on that trail again. While I knew of this one, I wasn't quite sure where to find it - thanks for the info! It seems like this would make a great start to a Panorama Trail loop (or the Pohono Trail).

davgoodman1 - Nov 8, 2006 10:22 pm - Voted 5/10

Reminder

This is a scramble. It is not a hike like Yosemite Falls or Nevada Fall. It is more of a challenge than Sierra Point both in difficulty and distance. While it is marked, the trail is a climb. Get an early start (if you are going down the 4 Mile Trail, plan for 6-8 hours if you like to stop and enjoy the view) and enjoy the spectacular scenery. The ledge gives you the eastern half of the valley and the 4mile gives you the west. One of the best hikes in Yosemite.

davgoodman

Mark Doiron

Mark Doiron - Dec 12, 2007 4:12 pm - Voted 10/10

I See This Is Attached ...

Bob--I see that this is attached to the Yosemite Valley - Logistical Center page. I'm going to attach it to the Glacier Point page. I never even heard of this trail before (despite multiple searches on SP for Glacier Point). Because of this, I just might extract that material for Four Mile Trail, which is currently on the GP page, and make it a separate route page. Then, I can add material to the GP page about the several routes which I've not personally hiked, but which I can at least mention exist (apron technical climbs, panorama, etc). --mark d.
P.S.--I'm also going to "capture" your first paragraph of the route description and copy it into the GP page. Are you okay with that?

Bob Burd

Bob Burd - Apr 20, 2010 10:35 am - Hasn't voted

Re: conditions after rock fall

I last hiked it in June, 2008 after a big rockfall there. The lower part continues to become obliterated, but the upper 2/3 are the same as always. Still a great scramble.

davgoodman1 - Sep 7, 2010 2:06 am - Voted 5/10

Ledge Trail

Note to National Park Service; if you want to discourage people from using this trail, PUT A SIGN CLOSER TO THE BOTTOM. The two warning signs on this trail are over a mile up the trail. The first one says "use the NEARBY Four Mile Trail". At this point, the only way to use the Four Mile Trail is to go back down and go 3 miles West to the trailhead. By the time you hit that sign, you are committed to the trail and it gets dangerous. This needs to be fixed.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Ledge Trail' main page