Like a jungle country, on the Rappenwand ...

Like a jungle country, on the Rappenwand ...

As at the Kumbtfels, there are too much pines on the Rappenwand ! Here, this is a " bonzaï-pine " ! He's growing on the top of the rock and the secondary structure of this pine is falling deeply in the air ! The Rappenwand can be reached easely enough, with a no-marked small path ; this one begins at the Glasental cars-park (localised in the northern end of Erfweiler, the nearest village). For going to the Rappenwand, you have to park your car at the Glasental parking area and then, you have to continue with a short walk, which is bringing you along the northern face of the Glasental valley (you have to follow the " number 54 " mark ! ). Then, when you had walking 400 meters on the main forest way (direction Winterkirchel, or " Winterchurch " ! ), you have to turn on your left, with taking the amount small path (which is not marked ! ). You will falling on the base of the rock with a short serpentine path, 200 meters later ! The view of the crag from the base is atomic (50 m height, for the giant southwall ! ).
Krysto
on Aug 22, 2007 4:54 pm
Image Type(s): Wildlife
Image ID: 327551

Comments

No comments posted yet.