Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Klenke

Klenke - May 16, 2010 10:56 pm - Hasn't voted

Ha ha ha..[cough cough wheez]

Ah, the saga of Washington's GPPs.

"John Roper was the first person to complete this list, followed shortly thereafter by Paul Klenke."

Did the good doctor put you up to this? I think it should read
"Paul Klenke was the first person to complete this list, followed shortly thereafter by John Roper." I distinctly remember my foot touching that fantastic duffy earth on that dirty mound on Weatherwax Ridge a quarter-second ahead of John's. Ask Eric, he was there, he saw it just the way I remember it.

~~~~~~~

Other: out of respect for the two people who completed the list first, we call it Washington Greatest Prominence Points or GPPs. That should be your page title. Also, your title makes it sound like a list for the most prominent points in a county called Washington County. But what do I know? I'm just one of the idiots that completed this list.

Redwic

Redwic - May 17, 2010 1:20 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Ha ha ha..[cough cough wheez]

-> "I Plead The Fifth." I altered the statement about who completed the list first, suggesting the list was completed by both of you on the same day. What date was it completed, or do you not want that information posted on here?

-> The page title is/was a work in progress, as is the page itself. I just altered the page title, making it longer in appearance but easier for the general SP member to understand prior to opening the page.

Klenke

Klenke - May 17, 2010 1:47 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Ha ha ha..[cough cough wheez]

Your new title is better, though busy. But it's not as if this list can be named succinctly.

It's fine by me and Roper if you call it a simultaneous completion. That was our intent, anyway. It's not my fault if he's old(er) and slow(er).

If you want to go by the list that goes by clean prominence only, then Roper and I finished simultaneously on Weatherwax Ridge (Grays Harbor Co.) on October 26, 2008. If you want to go by the overlap list, then Roper and I finished simultaneously on Klicker Mountain (Walla Walla Co.) on November 15, 2009. If you want to go by an obscure overlap contender county (not to be mentioned here), then no one has finished the list.

More over-the-top Earlesque data here:
http://home.earthlink.net/~esquared/outdoor/county_prom/FAL/WA.xml.

Anyway, I'm sure you're aware of Rhino's page:
http://www.rhinoclimbs.com/WACoGPPs.htm

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Washington Counties - Greatest Prominence Point(s)' main page