Viewing: 1-9 of 9
desainme

desainme - Aug 20, 2004 6:17 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good panorama and an interesting peak. Liked the Schoolhouse waterfalls on the brook.

BobSmith

BobSmith - Aug 20, 2004 9:45 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

The very best day hike I've had, ever. I had heard Panthertown Valley was a unique wilderness, but no description I'd heard does it justice. Very good reason it's called "the Yosemite of the East". I couldn't hear anything human at all while I was in there. Excellent isolation. From the peak the only sign of humans I saw was a house on a far ridge.

mtwashingtonmonroe

mtwashingtonmonroe - Aug 21, 2004 10:19 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good job Bob! Very nice page with good info and pictures! Route info would be a good addition but you've done a great job!

BobSmith

BobSmith - Aug 21, 2004 5:06 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks!



Route info is difficult, because, this being basically a wilderness, the trails are both unblazed and unnamed! I'm trying to figure out how to describe the route I took, but without being able to even positively describe mileage, it's hard to do.



The best option would be for anyone planning to go there to buy the Kornegay map from the link I provided. It's an excellent map. If it can keep me from getting lost, it can keep anyone from getting lost.



I wish more people would look at the page I did for this mountain. Panthertown Valley is exceptionally beautiful. I plan to go back and bag some more peaks as soon as I can.

BobSmith

BobSmith - Aug 21, 2004 5:08 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks! This is probably the most beautiful area I've visited this summer. Completely new to me. Good wilderness. When I was sitting up on top of Little Green, I could hear no sounds of anything but the wind and the birds. That was refreshing.

BobSmith

BobSmith - Aug 21, 2004 5:08 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks!

BobSmith

BobSmith - Aug 21, 2004 11:45 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Actually, Highlands has long had a reputation as real estate development for the wealthy elite of Atlanta in particular, and Georgia in general. Not to say that the place isn't being ruined by folks from all over, but most of the rape of the land can be laid at the feet of my fellow Southerners.



I'll be back in Panthertown very soon. But it will be a very long time before I venture into Highlands, if ever.



Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Aug 22, 2004 3:37 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good page, Bob! I see you mastered the art of links. and here comes Gangolf to tell you what you can do with the beautiful panorama:

Include the following lines at the top of your overview paragraph. But first replace all 3 "#'s" by "<'s"!!



#A target=_top HREF=/mountains/photo_link.pl?photo_id=103665&object_id=3519&type=mountain&mountain_id=3519&route_id=>#img src="http://www.summitpost.com/images/103665.jpg" alt="Little Green Mountain photo_id=103665">#/A>

William Marler

William Marler - Mar 8, 2005 9:00 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page. Cheers William

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Return to 'Little Green Mountain' main page