Looking at the East Peak of...

Looking at the East Peak of...

Looking at the East Peak of Mt. Daniel and the upper extremities of the Daniel Glacier from the Middle Summit. The view is roughly ESE. On the horizon are (L to R): Eightmile Mountain (no, not named after the now famous street in Detroit), Dragontail Peak (partially obscured by forest fire smoke), Argonaut Peak (just left of Stuart), Mt. Stuart, Ingalls Peak (just right of Stuart), and Hawkins Mountain (just right of the East Peak). Cathedral Rock is just visible down at left-center. Photo taken August 6, 1994.
Klenke
on Oct 24, 2003 5:41 pm
Image ID: 31499

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
desainme

desainme - Oct 24, 2003 7:26 pm - Hasn't voted

What's so famous or infamous about 8 mile in Detroit?

My mom lived off of six mile

Klenke

Klenke - Oct 24, 2003 7:32 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: What's so famous or infamous about 8 mile in Detroit?

Made famous by Eminem in his movie "8 Mile." Came out last year or maybe it was earlier this year. I haven't personally seen the movie.

Bob Bolton

Bob Bolton - Oct 25, 2003 8:43 am - Hasn't voted

Smoke

The smoke from the 1994 wildfire season brings back vivid memories. See my account of our experience on Glacier Peak in my summit log entry.



Bob

Klenke

Klenke - Oct 25, 2003 10:54 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Smoke

Interesting story. I know of a few times myself where I've only just barely got into the tent in time...and then had the whole of the tent lighting up with each fulgurant flash.



I remember as you do how 1994 was bad in the forest fire department. I think this year was one of the worst years I've known. And now that the fires have ceased, this is our new problem. That is the Pyramid Lake Trailhead to Snowfield Peak. Also, check out this photo. I wonder how long I'll have to wait next year before the North Cascades Highway reopens.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4