Lumkofel Comments

Viewing: 1-20 of 21
12
mtwashingtonmonroe

mtwashingtonmonroe - Oct 6, 2004 6:17 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I see you've been real busy Gangolf! Another great page! Brilliant photos!

-Britt

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Oct 7, 2004 3:15 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks Britt. I had too much time the last three nights. Now I'm away on a business trip so I'll take a short break ;-)

Saintgrizzly

Saintgrizzly - Oct 6, 2004 8:08 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Very nice page, Gangolf!

desainme

desainme - Oct 6, 2004 9:43 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

If you are going to or coming from the Brenner Pass and your name is not Attila, you are well advised to stop and enjoy this summit.

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Oct 7, 2004 3:17 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks Mark. There'll be a trip report about this one. Would you believe from the pictures that this was supposed to be the day of the first autumn storms with rain, hail and snow?

Klenke

Klenke - Oct 6, 2004 10:19 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Goodness gracious me!

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Oct 7, 2004 3:18 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks Paul. Now, you don't have to be afraid that I will post every summit on the little map. Only three fourths of them ;-)

Rob

Rob - Oct 7, 2004 12:11 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Excellent!

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Oct 7, 2004 3:18 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks again!

Joseph Bullough

Joseph Bullough - Oct 7, 2004 9:15 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Your excellent pages just keep coming. Good work!

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Oct 7, 2004 10:54 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks Joseph!

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Oct 7, 2004 9:50 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Very fine! I didn't even know the names of peaks in the southern part of Lienz Dolomites.

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Oct 7, 2004 10:58 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks, Vid! Well, now you know the names (though I had to delete quite many summits because they wouldn't fit into the map. I'm not quite happy with it anyway, but if ever you need the coordinates of any of the peaks, I can give you the correct ones. I used my GPS and the corresponding software to create theis map. So the locations are real.



Probably I'll make an interactive map out of it but then have to find out why some of the summits I want to post don't appear on the map. Also I thought of placing the trails there but I'm afraid, you won't see anything anymore ......

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Oct 7, 2004 4:26 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Hm? Some dilemmas, a? But I trust you. You'll do what is best. Still, I have one proposal, which I believe is sound. We should have a group page of the whole Gailtal Alps. I know the eastern part is less attractive, but it's no sense to have one blank area in the system of groups (also some peaks are fine hikes and ski tours, I can do them once). Having that group, I think doing also Lienz Dolomites subgroup would be ideal. And - you're the man :-)

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Oct 8, 2004 2:11 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

As for the Lienz Dolomites subgroup - there is already a folder on my hard drive with all the thousand pictures I'll post to that page. But at the moment I'm in the phas of mustering my courage for the group pages. It is more easy if you have done all the google researches. For example I still have to look for all the huts. I even think I forgot the table on this page. But Lumkofel is far from any hut anyway, so it's probably ok. I intend to doe a page for both Große and Kleine Sandspitze so that the highest summit can be linked to the Eastern Alps page. I have not been on any of the two but I think it is fair to put up a page that maybe later someone with real knowledge of the ferrate can maintain.



Also, I did the 20min ascent of Kl. Gamswiesenspitze and didn't even know that it is a famous climbing destination (and that Kletterwebbi has been there.....). So I'll put it up and maybe Stefan will take over or give me some additional info.

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Oct 8, 2004 8:11 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Also Hochstadel (or Hochstadl?) is supposed to be a great mountain for climbing. Its north wall is VERY high - I think together with Watzmann's and Triglav's one of 3 highest limestone walls in Eastern Alps.

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Oct 8, 2004 8:36 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Been there, done that! You don't believe that I missed Hochstadel? We were very lucky on that one because the summit just topped the clouds. VERY beautiful views of the Laserz part of the Lienz Dolomites. (I'll drop one into your mailbox) I didn't see the north face, though (but every other one). Yes it is said to be the third highest in the eastern alps but I didn't know which the others were.



Your list can't be right, though, because the highest (of the whole Alps) is Agner in Pale di San Martino: 1600m. And this should be eastern Alps, too.

maria grazia s

maria grazia s - Oct 7, 2004 2:42 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Don't tell me that you intebd to put all the pages of your map!!!!..-))

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Oct 8, 2004 2:04 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks Maria Grazia. No you can Relax, I'll only post half of them ;-) About 8 or so, to be true!

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Oct 10, 2004 9:53 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks, Klaus!

Viewing: 1-20 of 21
12
Return to 'Lumkofel' main page