Malka Musala Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Andrey Pramatarov

Andrey Pramatarov - Feb 19, 2013 4:43 am

Twice

Twice winter.

atavist

atavist - Sep 10, 2012 4:11 am Date Climbed: Sep 9, 2012

9 hrs rt including hr on summit  Sucess!

Took a bus to Borovets from Plovdiv in the morning so I had a late start at 11:30 for the walk. I ascended via main road/trail and descended the ridge to tag Little Musala, Irecek and the other peaks along the way (both routes described on the parent page). The day was capped by meeting some cool residents of Sofia and an awesome Bulgarian dinner.

yatsek

yatsek - Nov 9, 2008 1:54 pm Date Climbed: Aug 10, 1977

Plaques All Over (see Additions)  Sucess!

I was a university student then, aged 20. That was my 3rd day in Bulgaria, my 1st peak over 2499m :-) I'd read about the route in a Polish magazine. We'd hiked from Borovec, up along the Bistrica stream (the night before spent in our tents, at 2200m). The weather was generally sunny, but when about noon we reached Ledeneto Lake, it'd started raining and surprisingly there was nobody inside the little shelter, which now - as Kamil says - serves as a shed, by the newly built pyramid of "Everest Shelter", so (while having lunch) we decided to put up for the night. But the afternoon (sunny again) was spent scrambling up along the edge of the ridge, from the pass between Irecek and Little Musala to its top, then we descended downslope from the col, over scree and snow, back to the hut, putting off climbing Musala proper till the following day.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Malka Musala' main page