Matterhorn (Oregon) Additions and Corrections

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Bob Bolton

Bob Bolton - Oct 26, 2003 1:17 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

If anyone can point me to the documentation of the 9832-foot elevation for Matterhorn, I'll be happy to change it again. It seems that there are quite a few different measurements floating around for both Matterhorn and Sacajawea, but at least it seems that it is now established which one is higher.

darinchadwick

darinchadwick - Mar 29, 2002 3:35 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

A fun winter trip is to climb Sacagawea by one of several couliors, then traverse over to Matterhorn. Watch for small karst caves on the ridge between the two summits.

Popoff - Sep 30, 2002 7:25 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

The Matterhorn is the second highest peak in the Wallowa Mountains. Nearby Sacagawea Peak (about 2 miles to the north of the Matterhorn) is the highest nonvolcanic peak in the Pacific Northwest and the Wallowas. The Matterhorn is 9832 feet above sea level, while Sacagawea is seven feet higher (9839 feet). The Matterhorn is the second-highest peak in the Wallowas.

Bob Bolton

Bob Bolton - Oct 26, 2003 1:17 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

If anyone can point me to the documentation of the 9832-foot elevation for Matterhorn, I'll be happy to change it again. It seems that there are quite a few different measurements floating around for both Matterhorn and Sacajawea, but at least it seems that it is now established which one is higher.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Matterhorn (Oregon)' main page