Mayacamas Mountains

Mayacamas Mountains

The Mayacamas Mountains extend 80 miles, from the Russian River to the marshes above San Pablo Bay.
BubbasMaps
on Mar 26, 2011 8:43 pm
Image ID: 706718

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Noondueler

Noondueler - Jun 21, 2014 2:35 pm - Voted 10/10

Hi Bubba

I'm probably going to do an area range page on the Mayacamas and would like to use your map here. I guess it is questionable to have Konocti included since it s a volcano.
Any other info you have would be welcome too.

BubbasMaps

BubbasMaps - Jan 20, 2015 3:39 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Hi Bubba

Sorry I never saw this comment. I have not logged into my map account since I stopped posting on Summitpost a couple of years ago. Of course you are welcome to use the map. I can make a better one of you would like. Some folks include Cow Mountain and others claim it is separate in the Mayacamas. I think it is a part of the range, for what it is worth. If you do make a page for the range, I hope you will include the southern half of the range down in on the Sonoma/Napa County line. It isn't quite as tall as the stuff to the north but here is some really great places down there and some pretty rugged terrain.

If you ever have any other comments or such, be sure to shoot them over to my main account, otherwise I will probably not see them!

BubbasMaps

BubbasMaps - Jan 20, 2015 3:41 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Hi Bubba

Also, Konocti is definitely not part of the Maycamas. I have done a fair amount of research into Mayacamas geography for my book and even though the proximity is very, very close, it is a distinct peak, sort of a range unto itself.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3